Windows 10: Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

Discus and support Repeated "Restart Required" Messages in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am careful to update my PC when updates are available. Currently, my Windows 10 displays a message when booting up for the first time, "Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoxanneWolfe, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

I am careful to update my PC when updates are available. Currently, my Windows 10 displays a message when booting up for the first time, "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus." Normally I use earbuds for my audio, as I'm hard of hearing. But sometimes, if I try to show a video to my son, there is no sound coming out of the monitor. Yet sometimes there is sound. It's sporadic, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation to when there isn't sound to when I receive the restart message. I've run the troubleshooter, and there are no problems detected. I can personally live without external sound, but it's nice to share something with my family periodically.

:)

RoxanneWolfe, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 - restart required message since latest Creators Update.

Hi Kate,

As this error message indicates a failure in the hardware, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type "troubleshoot".
    • Select Troubleshooting and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and see if it will now work.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooter.

Dennis Mop, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Restart Required Notification Never Goes

Hi,

A restart only requires a computer when a change or an update has been made on the computer. However, we would like a little bit of information for us to isolate your concern:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • When does the message usually showing up?
    • What is the model and make of your computer?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

1. Repeated "Restart Required" Messages - Similar Threads - Repeated Restart Required

2. Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart: I have a brand new PC which has been repeatedly crashing over the past week. No BSOD is occurring but the screen will freeze and become totally nonresponsive and if any audio was playing at the time there will be horrible audio stuttering. Whenever this happens it requires a...
  3. Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart: I have a brand new PC which has been repeatedly crashing over the past week. No BSOD is occurring but the screen will freeze and become totally nonresponsive and if any audio was playing at the time there will be horrible audio stuttering. Whenever this happens it requires a...
  4. Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...: I have a Acer Aspire Z3- 710 all in one desktop computer, when it loads up I get this message in the right corner @ the bottom. Here is what the Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. NEC System Firmware. I keep...
  6. system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.: system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware. when I tried to restart it it did show flash progress 100% and stayed that way forever not reacting on any buttons until i let it go out of power and started it again. not it still asks for restart but i am...
  7. Win 10 - restart required message to fix system firmware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 - restart required message to fix system firmware: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, i need your help to fix my device issue, it always says that i need to restart my device to fix system firmware issue, when i restart, i need an AC adapter to continue the process which i don't have any, please help me how to fix it without AC...
  8. What is wpad.Home? Repeating messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is wpad.Home? Repeating messages: what does"the device or resource (wpad.Home) is not setup to accept connections on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)" mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-wpadhome-repeating-messages/c62bebfb-d992-41fc-a8ab-2e8ad91ac63c
  9. Restart Required message shows on notifications

Restart Required message shows on notifications: Hi. Soon after I hard reset my laptop I keep on getting notifications like this. Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted in order to finish setting up this device. Asus Support Device. I've restarted and updated the laptop so many times but it won't go away. What...
  10. KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts

KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts: It seems that KB4458469 was successfully installed yesterday (according to the history): 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4458469) Successfully installed on 07/10/2018 However, the Windows Update page continues to exclaim...