Windows 10: Repeated system file corruption long term issue

Discus and support Repeated system file corruption long term issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue ive had for a good few months now. Back last May, I built my PC and installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KierenMoxon, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Repeated system file corruption long term issue

Hi All, wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue ive had for a good few months now.

Back last May, I built my PC and installed windows 10 pro, it only took about 25 minutes of regular usage to encounter my first BSOD, most of which tell me that the system files have become corrupted and sfc and dism commands seem to fail to fix the issue or just fail to run at all.

Since then I have tried the following things to try to alleviate the issue to no avail.

- 4 clean windows reinstalls and complete wipe of the SSD.

- I have been directed at several pieces of hardware to replace under warranty which I have done which includes: PSU/SSD/Motherboard.

- I have ran RAM tests and CPU tests which seem to pass with flying colours each and every time.

My system specs are:

- MSI Z390A-pro motherboard

- Intel I5-9600k CPU

- Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB GPU

- 2x 8GB corsair vengeance RAM sticks

- Kingston 240GB SSD

At this point I am getting incredibly fed up with not being able to alleviate the issue and my £1000+ PC is practically unusable.

Can anyone help or suggest any other piece of hardware that I have not looked at or tested?

:)

KierenMoxon, Jan 31, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Repeated system file corruption long term issue

corrupt Folder in File Explorer

Hi,

this might be caused by a virus or a corrupted files. To assist you in resolving the issue, we suggest running the System File Checker. It helps scan and restore corrupted files. Check this link on how to know the step-by-step procedure in performing
    System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Repeated system file corruption long term issue

1. Repeated system file corruption long term issue - Similar Threads - Repeated system file

2. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  3. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  4. System file corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System file corrupted: how to reinstall WINNET.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-corrupted/3798dd57-3e78-48ba-8977-7fa973e634e2
  5. Long-term Computer Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long-term Computer Freezing Issue: For years, I have been having an issue where my computer freezes, usually while gaming there has been 1 or 2 times where it froze on my home screen while I was afk. It freezes on the screen that it was on meaning it does not blue screen, and if there was a sound it repeats...
  6. Long term charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long term charging issue: Shortly after taking delivery of my Tablet PC, 2-in-1, 5 years ago, it developed a glitch which I have managed to live with fairly well. It is now becoming more of a problem. In order to charge it I have had to restart or shutdown and re-boot. Only then does charging start....
  7. WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue)

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue): I have been having this blue screen of death for a few months now and I was really passive about it because it was happening only once in a while. I never could find the origin of the problem. I will try to be as clear as possible when giving the steps I have tried over the...
  8. Long term BSOD WHEA

Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...
  9. Long Term WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Term WiFi Issues: Hi all, I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my microPC as a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods. However I...
  10. BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue

BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue: Hello everyone, I'm at my wit's end at the moment. Recently had to replace motherboard, RAM and CPU in my computer. Purchased an ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Z170 board, an i5-6600k and initially 16GB of DDR4, now 32. When I boot my computer after having it off overnight, I...