Windows 10: Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!

Discus and support Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, So for a few weeks I have been suffering from MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreens and have tried a multitude of fixes and troubleshooting. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EdwinCrooks, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!

Hey,

So for a few weeks I have been suffering from MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreens and have tried a multitude of fixes and troubleshooting.

I have checked drives, verified windows files, I have checked my ram with memtest86, reinstalled windows from a couple of different USB drives. Still the problem persists and now that I believe I have crossed off a software or driver issue, I believe that some piece of hardware has failed.

Now obviously I want to believe it isn't my CPU, as that is the most costly culprit but I need to check this, Is there anything in the dumps that may help?will upload them here just in case. Next step I will try to test different RAM in the slots to see if it may be my RAM, however I do not have a different CPU i can use to test.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

:)

EdwinCrooks, Jul 12, 2020

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen error while playing Dota 2 game

Hello,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring issue with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?
    • When this happens, did you notice what all applications running on desktop screen?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer? Like installing Software or Windows Update?

The MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000009C. This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred. The problem might be with the incompatible or malfunctioning driver. Suggest you to check and update
    all Windows drivers for your device from device manufacturer website. You can search them using Device Model number. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Let us know the above details to assist you better.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Help please

How to fix machine_check_exception? Please help me.

------------------------------------------------

From bluescreenview:

071017-6015-01.dmp 2017-07-10 18:34:41 MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    0x0000009c 00000000`00000000 ffffd701`a43d9820
    00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 hal.dll
    hal.dll+39b9d x64 ntoskrnl.exe+16c3f0
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp 4 15
    15063 507 092 2017-07-10 18:36:42

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From WhoCrashed:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 2017-07-10 18:34:41 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x39B9D)

Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0xFFFFD701A43D9820, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest minidump:

Dropbox - 070517-4312-01.dmp - Simplify your life

DanielWallberg, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!

1. Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps! - Similar Threads - Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

2. bluescreen clock_watchdog_timeout & machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluescreen clock_watchdog_timeout & machine_check_exception: Hello there. I have been facing a problem with a blue screen for a long time now, and I can't seem to solve it. The blue screen appears on average once every three days. But sometimes, after one blue screen, several others appear in a row. It's unlikely to be a Windows...
  3. bluescreen clock_watchdog_timeout & machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluescreen clock_watchdog_timeout & machine_check_exception: Hello there. I have been facing a problem with a blue screen for a long time now, and I can't seem to solve it. The blue screen appears on average once every three days. But sometimes, after one blue screen, several others appear in a row. It's unlikely to be a Windows...
  4. Getting bluescreens. Attached Dump file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting bluescreens. Attached Dump file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkrn_l8Yio4MVq5JmY4W-lldlQlki0hc/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-bluescreens-attached-dump-file/40020b66-03c5-4adf-8384-3144568cc078
  5. Getting bluescreens. Attached Dump file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting bluescreens. Attached Dump file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkrn_l8Yio4MVq5JmY4W-lldlQlki0hc/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-bluescreens-attached-dump-file/40020b66-03c5-4adf-8384-3144568cc078
  6. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Bluescreen Code: 9c?..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Bluescreen Code: 9c?..: As per the instructions, BSOD report attached. Can't figure out why an essentially new PC without any complex configurations or OC would start failing this regularly, and with a very specific regularity. Short system description: Win 10 Home 64-Bit, v 10.0.18363 Build 18363...
  7. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION help please: I built a new machine I7 9700k, MSI MEG AXE z390 MB, Corsair dominator 16 gb x 2 ram, Zotac rtx 2080 GPU, Corsair h100i water cooler, Seasonic foxus PX-850 power supply. My case also has 3 RGB LED Fans I am receiving an error so i used WHOCRASHED to analyze the minidump file....
  8. Machine_check_exception help needed

Machine_check_exception help needed: I'm experiencing a blue screen with a machine_check_exception. I'm asking here because my PC shop couldn't detect the issue but tested my hardware and said it's all okay. They only said something might be wrong with my internet? Though I don't understand how a bad...
  9. Whea uncorrectable error and machine check exception bluescreen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whea uncorrectable error and machine check exception bluescreen: My problem starts with wifi network disappear and after using "diagnose this connection". It is telling me to replace an ethernet cable as the cable is broken. But, I never use a cable connection before , had been using wifi only. So i went and type "netcfg -d" trying to...
  10. Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Currently I have not been able to play any video game on my PC. It will start and maybe within 20 minutes it either stops working and I get a Window "game.exe has stopped working" or get a dump crash with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". This happens with any video game I try to...