Windows 10: Repeating 999999 nonstop due to HID Keyboard Device

Discus and support Repeating 999999 nonstop due to HID Keyboard Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently after 3 to 5 minutes on startup, i get a nonstop repeating 99999's everywhere. I read in some forum leaving just 1 HID Keyboard Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkPit 69, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Repeating 999999 nonstop due to HID Keyboard Device

Hi,

Recently after 3 to 5 minutes on startup, i get a nonstop repeating 99999's everywhere. I read in some forum leaving just 1 HID Keyboard Device works, so when the 9999's starts, I go to device manager, keyboard and I see 5 repeating HID Keyboard Device, I start deleting 4 and leave just 1 then the repeating stops, until next boot. I read in properties that this driver is from Microsoft. I would like to know how to fix this.

Thank you

:)

DarkPit 69, Apr 24, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Dell keyboard muted sound if HID service was started

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. When you say “When I type on keyboard sound randomly muted and then unmuted”, do you see a Red X mark on the speaker icon randomly? Please elaborate or provide additional information on this issue.
    2. When you say “I did uninstall keyboard driver and then install again automatically “, did you install the keyboard drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website?

For the smart key not working issue on the keyboard, you may want to refer to this article from Dell:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/inbsd1/sln82454/keyboard-multimedia-buttons-are-not-working-due-to-the-human-interface-device-access-service?lang=en

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

For the HID Keyboard sound issue, you can follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    2. Expand Keyboards.
    3. Right click on HID keyboard device and select update.
    4. Once it is done, restart the computer and check if that helps.

Article for Reference.

Keyboard Usage and Troubleshooting Guide:
    https://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/inbsd1/sln305029/keyboard-usage-and-troubleshooting-guide?lang=en

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Repeating 999999 nonstop due to HID Keyboard Device

HID Keyboard device deleted

Hello,

I accidentally deleted my laptop HID Keyboard Device from Device manager. I have tried everything to reinstall but fails. Surprisingly the FN commands work but not the actually typing keys. I have no idea what to do.

Before i deleted the HID Keyboard device, there used to be 3 HID Keyboard devices, now there is only 2.

SunilChitolie, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Repeating 999999 nonstop due to HID Keyboard Device

1. Repeating 999999 nonstop due to HID Keyboard Device - Similar Threads - Repeating 999999 nonstop

2. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  3. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  4. 2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.

2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.: For a while now, I've noticed 2 HID keyboard devices showing up in my settings which make my keyboard press random keys by itself and hold them when im not even touching the keyboard. when i remove them, after shutdown, restart, sleep ect they both come back. any way to fix...
  5. HID Keyboard device deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device deleted: I accidentally switched my keyboard to i8042 ps/2 keyboard and now the keybiard driver isn't showing up and without hid keyboard i can't type as i am using on screen keyboard now Please help....
  6. HID Keyboard device deleted

HID Keyboard device deleted: I accidentally switched my keyboard to i8042 ps/2 keyboard and now the keybiard driver isn't showing up and without hid keyboard i can't type as i am using on screen keyboard now Please help....
  7. HID Keyboard Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID Keyboard Device: Hi, I have a question about HID Keyboard Devices. Do they appear only when an external keyboard is plugged in to a device? And if so, what could be the reason why it appears on my device even though I have never plugged in an external keyboard? There are currently five HID...
  8. HID Keyboard Device Missing (Code 45)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HID Keyboard Device Missing (Code 45): I woke up today and noticed that my keyboard and trackpad were not functioning on my Surface Laptop 3. I went to device manager and saw that both my HID Keyboard Device and HID-compliant mouse were under View-Show Hidden Devices and both had a code 45 and were not connected....
  9. Hid keyboard

Hid keyboard: My keyboard only makes clicking sounds when I type. There is no typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-keyboard/a3d35447-81e9-4740-979b-8e47531d1c5c
  10. HID Keyboard device deleted

HID Keyboard device deleted: Hello, I accidentally deleted my laptop HID Keyboard Device from Device manager. I have tried everything to reinstall but fails. Surprisingly the FN commands work but not the actually typing keys. I have no idea what to do. Before i deleted the HID Keyboard device, there...