Windows 10: repeating boot problem since 2 years

Discus and support repeating boot problem since 2 years in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello, i keep sending my computer to service they fix it but after 2-3 months it repeats. the problem is when i boot my computer first time in a day it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xoxoxoback, Oct 3, 2018.

1. repeating boot problem since 2 years

hello, i keep sending my computer to service they fix it but after 2-3 months it repeats. the problem is when i boot my computer first time in a day it opens but after 30 seconds or few mins it gives blue screen says "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" and i changed almost all 3rd party programs off for startup options stil getting the error. today i did sfc scan and i got :

((Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."))

and have no idea what to do please help me, i cant update my windows because when i try after some persentage it restarts and i got blue screen. also checked if it could be hardware problem did memory tests and everything and everytime i send it to service they confirm that nothing to do with hardware its about corrupted windows but why it keeps getting corrupted i have virus program norton paying for that service not using my computer other than playing games.

:)

xoxoxoback, Oct 3, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2018
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Oct 3, 2018
  4. repeating boot problem since 2 years

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

repeating boot problem since 2 years

1. repeating boot problem since 2 years - Similar Threads - repeating boot problem

2. BSOD issue after 2 years of no problems - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue after 2 years of no problems - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello!I have run into an issue that has me at a total loss. My Google-Fu has failed me and I'm only a couple of steps away from replacing components until my issue is resolved.Hardware / OSProcessor - AMD 5950xGPU - ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER AMPRAM - G.Skill Ripjaws...
  3. BSOD issue after 2 years of no problems - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issue after 2 years of no problems - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello!I have run into an issue that has me at a total loss. My Google-Fu has failed me and I'm only a couple of steps away from replacing components until my issue is resolved.Hardware / OSProcessor - AMD 5950xGPU - ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER AMPRAM - G.Skill Ripjaws...
  4. BSOD issue after 2 years of no problems - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeated BSOD Since First Boot Up. What can I do?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD Since First Boot Up. What can I do?!: I'm practically at my wit's end with these constant BSOD!I had an HP tech remotely troubleshoot my computer and essentially repeated every step I did before contacting them and I am still getting them. It's been happening since the very first boot fresh out of the box! I...
  6. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen repeatedly since updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen repeatedly since updates: I have been getting these bluescreens constantly, usually once a day or every two days, and it only seems to have happened in the last month or so since windows forced a series of updates on me. Windows Update breaking my computers has been an ongoing issue for me over the...
  7. Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem: Hello everyone, I hope that the helpful community here will be able to answer my questions, as I am not able to find the reason for this issue. Symptoms. - When I try to turn on my pc from the hibernation using a keyboard/mouse/power bottom it won't respond. I have...
  8. Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem authentication since last 2 weeks: Dear Support, FYI, I had received complaint from application owners said that they having authentication problem since last 2 weeks. Then they found out the following KB had blocked their basis access using smart card on Internet explorer on Windows 10 1703 and 1803....
  9. Boot problem since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Boot problem since Windows 10 update: For a few months now I have been having problems with the boot. I normally shut down Win 10 fully. I cannot say after which update it was, but suddenly Win 10 was reporting errors when booting which is followed by the diagnostic and repair routine. Sometimes it manages to fix...
  10. Repeat Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeat Booting: Hello. I need help on a Toshiba laptop which keeps on repeat booting over and over and over again. I tried to do a Safe Mode by using the SHIFT + Power Button but did nothing. This happen after I just did an update for windows. Here are some screen shots of my issue:...