Windows 10: Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem

Discus and support Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I hope that the helpful community here will be able to answer my questions, as I am not able to find the reason for this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gabriel0938, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem

Hello everyone,

I hope that the helpful community here will be able to answer my questions, as I am not able to find the reason for this issue.

Symptoms.

- When I try to turn on my pc from the hibernation using a keyboard/mouse/power bottom it won't respond. I have motherboard and RAM LEDs, thus I could see that both were receiving power. * During both cases power bottom has been continuously blinking. This happened once.

- When I try to turn on my PC form shut down state, using power bottom, it won't respond. I know that motherboard has power and has been receiving power all this time due to having LEDs active on the motherboard. This happened twice.

How I have resolved it temporarily.

In two of the time I had "purged" energy form the PSU, and was able to turn the PC using the power bottom.

During the recent case, after "purging" for 30 minutes I couldn't turn on the PC using Power bottom. I had to short the pins for that.

I have checked the cable, switched to a fresh one have couple of spares after the first shut down.

Most of the essential parts are new.

Here's my hardware and approximate service time.

- Motherboard Asus Prime Z390-A 5 months

- PSU Corsair 850x gold, using 2 months, bought a year ago

- RAM G.Skill 2 x 32 gb 3600 Mhz 5 months

- Colling Corsair H100i 5 months

- CPU i7 - 9700k not overclocked 5 months

- Nvidia 1080 Founders Ed. 3.5 years.

Please let me know if you would need any more information. At the moment I am able to use the PC. But would prefer to know if this is an issue that might persist.

:)

Gabriel0938, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 21, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Landia Win User

Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem

Repeat Booting

Hello. I need help on a Toshiba laptop which keeps on repeat booting over and over and over again. I tried to do a Safe Mode by using the SHIFT + Power Button but did nothing. This happen after I just did an update for windows.

Here are some screen shots of my issue:

Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem [​IMG]

I don't want to re-install windows unless there is no other way. It seems like it's trying to start windows but it keep repeating the 3 steps or pictures above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Landia, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem

1. Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem - Similar Threads - Repeating Booting issues

2. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  3. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  4. PSU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  5. Boot issue the computer repeatedly boots the recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot issue the computer repeatedly boots the recovery mode: When I turn on the computer, it boots into recovery option every time. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-issue-the-computer-repeatedly-boots-the/a6a6d269-4b22-4a3a-a4e6-3c4aa7870357
  6. Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue?: Hi i have had random bsod issues relating to ntoskl.exe even while browsing. I was advised to do memcheck but it causes shutdown after about 3 minutes running the memtest(memory diagnostic runs fine). I have removed/swapped the ram etc so dont think thats the problem plus im...
  7. Intermittent BSODs, Possible PSU Brown Outages.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent BSODs, Possible PSU Brown Outages.: I've given up trying to fix my computer on my own. For the past month or two my PC has been giving me a hard time. I've run chkdsk /f and sfc scannow maybe 20 times at this point. I reinstalled windows, I stopped overclocking my graphics card, no apparent shift in reliability...
  8. PSU/GPU Power Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PSU/GPU Power Problem: I originally had an asus R7 250x that stopped working with my PC and it would not boot/display. Pressing the power button would yield no result. It worked fine for 3+ months before giving me this problem. I had a friend with a 500w PSU and he let me have it. I installed it...
  9. Looking for a PSU Monitor (Erratic problems - PSU or SSD problem?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for a PSU Monitor (Erratic problems - PSU or SSD problem?): For the past few weeks, I've been having major problems with my Win 10 Pro X64 system. I won't bore you with a full list of the issues and problem solving. However, here are links to my previous 2 threads on my issues: Can't open and Metro style Windows app How to identify...
  10. Repeat Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeat Booting: Hello. I need help on a Toshiba laptop which keeps on repeat booting over and over and over again. I tried to do a Safe Mode by using the SHIFT + Power Button but did nothing. This happen after I just did an update for windows. Here are some screen shots of my issue:...