Windows 10: Repeating key without touching anything

Discus and support Repeating key without touching anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ```A `KEY`- W`I`THOUT TOUCHING IT, KEEPS REPEATING ``````````````````````AND I CANNOT FIND A MET`HO`D `TO MAKE IT STOP (YOU CAN SEE THE PROBLEM IN THIS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by efmoody, Sep 4, 2018.

1. efmoody Win User

Repeating key without touching anything

```A `KEY`- W`I`THOUT TOUCHING IT, KEEPS REPEATING ``````````````````````AND I CANNOT FIND A MET`HO`D `TO MAKE IT STOP (YOU CAN SEE THE PROBLEM IN THIS PARAGRAPH. )I CHECKED "keys" TO TRY TO FIND SOMETHING AND NOTHING WILL MAKE IT STOP. I REBOOT- NOTHING CHANGES. iT IS A CLEAN BOOT OF NEW WINDOWS ON AN ASUS COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING WAS CLEANED OFF PRIOR TO. ~~NOT RUNNING RAZER. ````` `JU`ST RUNNING WORD, OUTLOOK- NOTHING OUT OF ORDINARY. HELP HELP` HELP HELP HELP `(I NEED HELP ASAP)````

:)

efmoody, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Repeating key without touching anything

Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Repeating key without touching anything

1. Repeating key without touching anything - Similar Threads - Repeating key without

2. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  3. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  4. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I disable a key without downloading anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable a key without downloading anything?: For some reason, my keyboard likes to be annoying by pressing the left button for no reason, and I decided that disabling the left key is the way I'm going to stop it....
  6. How do I disable a key without downloading anything?

How do I disable a key without downloading anything?: For some reason, my keyboard likes to be annoying by pressing the left button for no reason, and I decided that disabling the left key is the way I'm going to stop it....
  7. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  8. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  9. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...
  10. Key repeating on login...

in Windows 10 Support
    Key repeating on login...: Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to Win10.. So the circumstances are completely repeatable and happen every time I do the following... I wrote a .vbs script to do...