Windows 10: repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

Discus and support repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My computer is endlessly giving me the message "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by whitebloodcell, Jul 31, 2016.

1. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

My computer is endlessly giving me the message "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device"

I have clicked on it and it takes me to the "Change privacy options" settings page. The only slider not previously active was for "Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device", which I have now turned on. When I click on the message, a web windows tried to open, but it flickers in and out of existence whilst showing on "Please wait".

repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account" [​IMG]

I am using Windows 10 Pro build 10.0.14393. I feel like this message only started appearing upon a recent upgrade brought about by being in the 'slow ring' of releases.

I get this notification every few minutes and it is very irritating. Please help.

:)

whitebloodcell, Jul 31, 2016
  2. CarlySueP Win User

repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

I am getting this message every since I recently changed my MicroSoft password. I DO want to fix my phone because I am no longer getting connectivity with my calendar on my PC and phone.

How do I fix my signon on my phone? Can't find any setting to change in email. Have turned the phone off and on.

Thanks.

CarlySueP, Jul 31, 2016
  3. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

Came with anniversary edition

ArneGarvander, Jul 31, 2016
  4. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

Make sure you can sign-in to your Microsoft account.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2016
  5. I can sign it with it fine as far as I am aware.

whitebloodcell, Jul 31, 2016
  6. ahmd Win User
    Same here. After upgrading to Win10 anniversary (v. 1607) this pesky pop up started coming up every time a user logs in and then repeats after 10 minutes or so. There's also this annoying sound that's associated with it:

The thing is that I do not use Microsoft account to log in. All log-ins are local accounts. No email attached to them.

If anyone figures out how to get rid of this annoyance please post it here?

ahmd, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes add me this is very aggravating for me too as I use only Local accounts

In my case, since I use no email account associated with Windows 10, I clicked on the reminder that took me to a page where there were some settings I don't remember what they all were only 3 or 4 I turned them off, end of Issue for me at least *Cool

Clintlgm, Aug 3, 2016
  8. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2016
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    Well I have no use for taking my desktop or notebook online. I won't use one drive, Skype or so far any Metro Apps.
    I have multiple Microsoft Accounts all for different purposes.
    I also have a very good reason for not wanting to have my computers logging in online to operate. I work remotely where Internet connections are very poor to none existent, Wasting bandwidth at those location is just not possible. I really just want my computers running locally at home, in my own network and offshore completely local.*Cool

Clintlgm, Aug 3, 2016
  10. In my case, I am fine with logging in, and as far as I am aware, I have no issues with my account. Any other ideas?

whitebloodcell, Aug 3, 2016
  11. tcgscolr Win User
    I am also seeing this. I only wish to sign in using a local account, not a Microsoft account. I would love to hear a solution to disabling this notification.

tcgscolr, Aug 4, 2016
  12. aardvark Win User
    Well, MS obviously thinks you all have a MS account that needs fixing. So, do any of you receive Insider Builds and/or sign into a specific app with a MS account login (like the Xbox app for example)? I use a local account (no login required) but I do login to certain apps as required:

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  13. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

Last time I checked this was still your tread, since your the (OP) original poster. Other members needing help with this same issue should start their own thread and not try to hijack yours.

You've indicated you are able to sign-in to your MS account with no issue.

Your Notification Banner message:
    "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device"

Looking at this "Notification Banner", it indicates fix MS account for Apps to launch.

Are you having any problems with you Apps not launching?

Can you use the "Store" to download Apps?

And can you do this while signed in with your MS account, not your "Local Account?"

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 5, 2016
  14. ahmd Win User
    Well, this thread comes up first in Google if someone searches for a solution. But, I see your point. I'll let OP post his thoughts.

But if someone is curious, here's an idea how to silence that popup:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup

15. SoFine409 Win User
    Hi all, I just fixed this problem. Some time ago I had changed the alias on my MS Account to an email that was different than what I used to originally install Win 10. As it turns out that was the problem. I logged into my MS account and added my old alias email back and then changed to to be the primary alias. Now that agrees with the default dialog alias that is stored on my PC. I still login to my PC with a local account but I login to the store with my MS account. I hope this helps.

SoFine409, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

1. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account" - Similar Threads - repeating notification need

2. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  3. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  4. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "You need to fix your Microsoft account"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You need to fix your Microsoft account": Hello! For weeks that everyday I get a notification in Windows 10 saying that my Microsoft account needs to be fixed. So, I click on the notification and login with my password and it is fixed... But in the next day it complains again. I am tired of "fixing" my...
  6. Any way to stop the Repeating notification says "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Any way to stop the Repeating notification says "We need to fix your Microsoft account": Win 10 Pro Recent change. Can someone propose a solution on if there is Any way to stop the Repeating notification says "We need to fix your Microsoft account" ? It lets me log in, I have to select log in by other method, then implement my password. I get the message...
  7. You need to fix your Microsoft account message

You need to fix your Microsoft account message: is this real or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-fix-your-microsoft-account-message/fc125fc4-8019-4265-baff-20ef57a0cb85"
  8. Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you go on to sign-in with your Microsoft account, Windows 10, sometimes throws up an error message reading – Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account on Windows. There appears to be no specific reason [...] This post...
  9. You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...: I believe this is quite common, but via Google, I can't enable any of the suggestions. This window "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" currently remains on the bottom right...
  10. Windows 10: notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: notification "you need to fix your microsoft account": My laptop is Win 10 and wified to my desktop that is Win 8. Lately laptop has a hard time to connect to sites and shows Notification Banner message: "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this...