Windows 10: Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and...

Discus and support Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i got two new sticks of 4gb to compliment my already existing 4gb (4x4gb). The four of them are Adata AD4U2400J4G17-s (ddr4). I plugged them in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ignaciogc11, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and...

So i got two new sticks of 4gb to compliment my already existing 4gb (4x4gb). The four of them are Adata AD4U2400J4G17-s (ddr4). I plugged them in and the next day i get my first bsod. one hour later another one, and then they became more frequent, to the point where my system would boot to a blue screen 50% of the time (varying error codes). So i decided to reinstall windows (thought that many blue screen had corrupted files, as it was thowing me system 32 errors) After windows reinstall i kept getting blue screens, so obviously i pointed towards the last add to my system, the two new sticks of RAM. I got memtest86 in a usb drive and i ran it, for a whole night. I tested different combinations, each of the four individual sticks alone, the four combined, two old ones only and two new ones only, varying slots.... No errors were detected, by this point i was pretty frustrated as i was sure i would get errors and then send back to seller, issue resolved, But no. So I then reinstalled windows one more time (not so sure why), and went on as if nothing had happened. Some hours go by and blue screen again (running the 4 sticks this time). I figured id go with 12 gb (took out one of the new sticks) and watch for any blue screen. Some hours go by and bam blue screen. So then i swap the sticks, try the other of the new ones (still 3x4GB), several hours go by, and blue screen again. Next logic step is take out both of the new ones and carry on with the old ones in normal usage (2x4GB). 1 day has passed since then and no blue screens yet.

I understand my troubleshooting process might not have been the most efficient (could have done all of this without reinstalling windows in the first place). The only thing i need right now is confirmation that the sticks are faulty so i can indeed return them... Any ideas towards achieving this?? Should i test other hardware on my pc? Is it possible that ram can cause system instability and still pass memtest?

I appreciate any ideas. Thanks in advance for your time

submitted by /u/ignaciogc11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ignaciogc11, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Blue Screen after installing a 8 GB RAM

Hi DarvasMátyás,

Blue screen errors may occur due to corrupted system files or a faulty hardware.
    To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and...

Blue crashes after RAM installation

Hi,

The blue screen error that you encountered may indicate a possible driver or hardware compatibility issue. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver in the search box and press
      Enter to help you identify.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

As an initial step to troubleshoot the blue screen error, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    support article. Follow through the guided walk through to view the appropriate steps. Once you're done,
    check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and...

1. Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and... - Similar Threads - Repetitive Blue Screens

2. Blue Screen, WppRecorder Even with New Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen, WppRecorder Even with New Ram: Hello, It was the First Blue screen of death since I installed new RAM 64GB DDR4 at 3600 2x 32 sticks. It's only been three days. At the time I was streaming and on MSFS2020 with 5 hours into it. Before I used 32GB at 3200 4x 8GB sticks Was going so well, using 40% memory...
  3. Blue Screen, WppRecorder Even with New Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen, WppRecorder Even with New Ram: Hello, It was the First Blue screen of death since I installed new RAM 64GB DDR4 at 3600 2x 32 sticks. It's only been three days. At the time I was streaming and on MSFS2020 with 5 hours into it. Before I used 32GB at 3200 4x 8GB sticks Was going so well, using 40% memory...
  4. Computer crashes and blue-screens after installing new RAM, Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes and blue-screens after installing new RAM, Help!: Hello, I've recently been fighting my computer for the last 2 weeks. Originally it was supposed to be a simple RAM/CPU upgrade, but resulted in a huge mess...To run through the process I'll start from the beginning.My computer's old CPU was not supported by current versions...
  5. blue screen after installing new ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen after installing new ram: my pc blue screen after installing new ram 2gb to 4 gb , ram = kingston 2gb , my pc have 2 slots of ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-installing-new-ram/d8b0e21a-3848-4f8f-91c9-9d3a93c0a23c
  6. blue screen after installing new ram

blue screen after installing new ram: my pc blue screen after installing new ram 2gb to 4 gb , ram = kingston 2gb , my pc have 2 slots of ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-installing-new-ram/d8b0e21a-3848-4f8f-91c9-9d3a93c0a23c
  7. Repetitive blue screens even on a new OS install

Repetitive blue screens even on a new OS install: I've experienced these blue screens before I even reinstalled Windows. It's been getting really annoying and I'm not even sure what's causing it. I've already tried to:Reinstall Windows 11 on a completely formatted driveRun Windows Memory Diagnostic no errors foundRun System...
  8. Repetitive blue screens even on a new OS install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repetitive blue screens even on a new OS install: I've experienced these blue screens before I even reinstalled Windows. It's been getting really annoying and I'm not even sure what's causing it. I've already tried to:Reinstall Windows 11 on a completely formatted driveRun Windows Memory Diagnostic no errors foundRun System...
  9. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL even after fresh install of windows and new ram.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL even after fresh install of windows and new ram.: I have been having blue screen issues over the past few months. It used to be IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and then I did a completely new install of Windows 10. Now the last 2 have been DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I've also gotten a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION all while playing...
  10. Blue screen of death after installing new rams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death after installing new rams: Happy quarantine! Just installed new rams (2x8 total 16gb) and my pc is crashing/freezing at ideal state. It's not crashing during gaming. Games running smoothly as hell but when i leave my pc at ideal state my pc crashes and blue screen comes. Please help! submitted by...