Windows 10: Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?

Discus and support Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesHanebuth, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?

Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?

:)

CharlesHanebuth, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2019
  3. 20mmrain Win User
    Google Chrome and Chrome OS......

I'm not saying it is better at all. That would be impossible it is not even implemented yet. You are right I would gladly leave Windows if Linux was a viable option for Gaming. But what Google chrome OS has is growth potential.
    I used to love windows...... but have recently become somewhat anti windows. Yes Microsoft has come up with some really great idea's. But now that they are so large they do take advantage of the situation.
    That is why I get so excited when anyone comes out with a new option. I wouldn't care if it was McDonald's that came out with and OS....... I would still be excited because there would be more competition. It might make Microsoft to be a little more consumer friendly.

I never said that they would fall because of Google Chrome OS. What I was more meaning that they would fall because of their own accord. Example( Vista, Failure to listen to the customer, Internet explorer problems Exc....) I just stated that it would give a good chance for someone else to step up. And who better than a house hold name like Google.
    Like I said this is all just speculation and What if's ....... But if there were no what if's in the world then computer's in general would have never advanced in the first place. It takes someone with a creative Idea and thought to push forward things in the first place.
    And to hinder those thoughts are anti Constructive.

Although I will agree that there are just some thoughts that shouldn't be brought up...... Like for example .......... What if Nvidia's Femi is 27 times more powerful than a 5870.

At least my Idea has some logic behind it. And not just based on wild guess's

Also A question about Chrome Browser........ I have an old AOL mail account back from the days of Dial up that I still use. I am wondering if anyone else here has one and uses Chrome. When I use Chrome occasionally to access that account......... It fails to render the sign in area. Just wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem with either AOL or just sign in's in general with it.

20mmrain, Feb 13, 2019
  4. DirectorC Win User

Google Chrome and Chrome OS......

The Chrome OS is supposed to make for an 'Appliance' style platform. It'll be: the kernel, the drivers and other kernel modules, enough of the subsystem to execute X-Windows applications, X-Windows video drivers, and Google Chrome Browser, as well as the Java Runtime Environment. You can expect it to come with Flash player also. That's about as complex as ChromeOS gets.

DirectorC, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it? - Similar Threads - Replace Chrome

2. Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...: First I searched the forum.. see that this problem has been around since 2022. I've also tried all the "fixes" listed in these posts.I even reset the PC, from Windows Cloud so it's up to date as far as today. I cleaned the drive for this install. I checked for...
  3. Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...: First I searched the forum.. see that this problem has been around since 2022. I've also tried all the "fixes" listed in these posts.I even reset the PC, from Windows Cloud so it's up to date as far as today. I cleaned the drive for this install. I checked for...
  4. Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello: Hi guys, this is my first time asking here, I'll be glad to provide more details if necessary. Currently running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, OS build 22621.674, on an Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16.0 GB and Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88 Official Build...
  5. Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Google Chrome password manager password authentication with Windows Hello: Hi guys, this is my first time asking here, I'll be glad to provide more details if necessary. Currently running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, OS build 22621.674, on an Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16.0 GB and Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88 Official Build...
  6. Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.: And... replaces my wallpaper, deletes the accounts signed in on chrome, and deletes my steam shortcutsand only the games, nothing else, not even not steam games, and for some reason resets Team fortress 2's resolution settings... and only that particular setting....
  7. Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi): So I've decided to try the Your Phone app as it seems to be more functional than the Hangouts Chrome extension. I've got a Pixel 2XL, it connected to the app just fine and everything seems to be working except MMS. I can see MMS sent to me, I can even see MMS that I've sent...
  8. Not sure if Chrome or windows issue, Helvetica Neue font family replaced with weird outline...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure if Chrome or windows issue, Helvetica Neue font family replaced with weird outline...: See this example. This mostly shows up in Chrome, but I've seen it elsewhere within windows as well iirc. It's incredibly frustrating, I woudln't mind so much if it was a more legible replacement font. This is what I see on any websites using Helvetica :...
  9. I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10: I've listed as much info as I can on my profile, but chromebook 3, I could not find the motherboard info, or much of the other info on your list. I listed my PC info, Windows 10, that's a breeze, and one reason I want to get rid of Chrome OS, without getting rid of the...
  10. How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?: How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-window-10-on-a-chromebook-machine/6d5787a6-7084-4f0c-9198-3e486fed40ae

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace chrome os with windows

2. can you replace chrome os with windows 10

3. can i replace chrome os with windows

4. replace Chrome OS with Windows 10 ,
  5. replace chome os with windows 10