Windows 10: Replace Date column with Date Modified

Discus and support Replace Date column with Date Modified in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace. i simply want to ensure that when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Terrypin Win User

Replace Date column with Date Modified

I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace.

i simply want to ensure that when I open either an Explorer folder or an Open or Save As browse window then instead of a column called Date I get Date Modified. Permanently.

:)

Terrypin, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified'

I've been reasonably successful in replacing the default Date column with Date Modified in folders. But how do I do the same for Open, and 'Save as' browse dialogs please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 3, 2019
  4. brybautry Win User

windows 10 files saved to my computer. incorrect dates in the date added, date modified and date created column. wrong dates are applied to all columns.

windows 10 files saved to my computer. incorrect dates in the date added, date modified and date created column. wrong dates are applied to all columns.

brybautry, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Replace Date column with Date Modified - Similar Threads - Replace Date column

2. Tags / Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags / Date Modified: Changing a tag on a jpg photo causes the dated-modified to be changed. If you tag many photos and trust the exif date-taken within the photo files, use a file renaming app or exif app to change the date-modified to match the exif date-taken on all photos you tagged. This only...
  3. hiberfil.sys modified date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hiberfil.sys modified date: Upon reviewing files I see that hiberfil.sys shows a modified date of 11/08/22 3:01:30 am. It is currently 11/07/22 at 9:20 pm. How is this file showing a modified date that doesn't exist yet?...
  4. dates different for downloaded files in date column.

dates different for downloaded files in date column.: Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the issue???...
  5. Dates modified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dates modified: I did a factory reset on my laptop, and chose the delete everything, but I still have some files saying they were modified before the factory reset? submitted by /u/Hi_im_joker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugnqk/dates_modified/
  6. date modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    date modified: when Im looking for files it no longer lets me do date modified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified/35718835-05a2-4282-8ba9-ed627239b036
  7. Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified: For what purpose is Date field in File Manager? It was default in my new laptop. I tried to find reason why file date was not changing even though I changed it. I had to contact IT support and they told that Date is wrong field. I couldn't imagine that Date field shows...
  8. date column

in Windows 10 Support
    date column: This morning I updated to the latest BitDefender and while doing so their instructions did not indicate to not select uninstall as the installer would complete this task automatically even though a message did pop up asking me to uninstall. I believe this was the reason for...
  9. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495
  10. Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified'

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified': I've been reasonably successful in replacing the default Date column with Date Modified in folders. But how do I do the same for Open, and 'Save as' browse dialogs please? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 106823