Windows 10: Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My main boot disk is a 240GB EVO 840, I have a 2TB Seagate drive partitioned as D (1TB) & E (1TB) and a 240GB F drive. The PC rebooted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomT, Mar 9, 2016.

1. TomT Win User

Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

Hi

My main boot disk is a 240GB EVO 840, I have a 2TB Seagate drive partitioned as D (1TB) & E (1TB) and a 240GB F drive.

The PC rebooted by itself today, when it restarted the Seagate (D & E) had gone. Couple of reboots later and it's back.

I tried to use Macrium Reflect to back it up and it returned:
    Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 23 - Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

So now I'm manually copying anything of importance from D & E to a 1TB & 2TB USB3 drive.

Once this is done I can do a chkdsk or scandisk... and then hopefully backup using reflect.

I've ordered a new 2TB disk which I'll collect on Saturday.

Once I have it what's the best way to swap out the Seagate for the new Toshiba drive ?
    Ideally I'd like to keep it as 2 x 1TB D & E drives.

Thanks *Biggrin

:)

TomT, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Phil_A1 Win User

Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. So, connect the external HD that has the image, to the new pc, boot it up, and then run the 'restore' function of Macrium Reflect, for that particular image, is that correct?

Phil_A1, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

1. Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Replace Failing Macrium

2. Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image: I have been finding my way. While I can navigate through my original file tree in the image I am now inferring that I cannot directly extract portions of it, say my User files. Restoring an image is an all or nothing proposition?. Is this correct? If so I am thinking...
  3. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues: Recently a pc I have been using Macrium Reflect on for 7 years now has been having issues?The problem is not that images cannot be made successfully, but rather the image files created afterwards do not verify (error says Data Verification failed - Block 187154) and cannot be...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...