Windows 10: Replace files with newer versions from different folders

Discus and support Replace files with newer versions from different folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have: 12 projects 17 Folders with stored files, project specific in a folder tree. 3D drawings for each of the 12 projects I get updated versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TurboTimAust, May 6, 2020.

1. Replace files with newer versions from different folders

I have:

• 12 projects
    • 17 Folders with stored files, project specific in a folder tree. 3D drawings for each of the 12 projects
    • I get updated versions of these files, same file names, maybe once a month, put in what I'll call 5 parent folders in a parent directory
    • Each parent directory will eventually be broken down into the 12 project specific folders
    • Not all files are always updated
    • Each parent directory may be spread over up to 17 project specific folders.

I want to be able to choose one of the 17 project folders, and have it check the parent directory and all of it's 5 folders for newer versions of the files in it.

I figure maybe someone has needed to do this in the past - maybe looking for an app?

Has anyone had to do this and figured out an easy way to do it?

Otherwise I go to folder one - manually search each file in the parent directory that has the 5 folders in it in the folder relevant to the project, then individually copy that updated file to the project folder. Not practical with over 3GB of files in the 6 parent folders. Hundreds of files to sort through once a month.

Hoping this makes sense, thanks if you can help or suggest where to start looking.

Replace files with newer versions from different folders bdd937d8-e24f-4cce-bca7-1b09820b7037?upload=true.jpg

:)

TurboTimAust, May 6, 2020

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Replace files with newer versions from different folders 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Replace files with newer versions from different folders 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, May 6, 2020
  3. Can't rename folder.

Thank you for providing the details. As our initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you restore the folder's previous version by following the steps below:

• Right-click the folder and click Restore previous versions.
    • Under the File versions, select a version and see if it will restore the folder's name.

Note:
      Transfer all the files in the current folder as the file or folder replaces the current version on your computer, and the replacement can't be undone.et us know how that turned out for you.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, May 6, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

Replace files with newer versions from different folders

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Replace files with newer versions from different folders

1. Replace files with newer versions from different folders - Similar Threads - Replace files newer

2. Date modified is not changing if file is replaced by newer version of file in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date modified is not changing if file is replaced by newer version of file in windows explorer?: Hello Everyone,If I replace an image in windows explorer with the same name image, date modified is not changing neither date created. I am running a power automate flow which is picking up the latest images from the directory using date modified as a variable and uploading...
  3. Date modified is not changing if file is replaced by newer version of file in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date modified is not changing if file is replaced by newer version of file in windows explorer?: Hello Everyone,If I replace an image in windows explorer with the same name image, date modified is not changing neither date created. I am running a power automate flow which is picking up the latest images from the directory using date modified as a variable and uploading...
  4. server file updated a newer version is available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    server file updated a newer version is available: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/server-file-updated-a-newer-version-is-available/3bda8d64-4352-4458-bb5c-bc9c6bee1263I have tried this particular thing, Reset of one drive was done, ALso uninstalled and re installed OFFICe but this issue is still there,...
  5. server file updated a newer version is available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    server file updated a newer version is available: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/server-file-updated-a-newer-version-is-available/3bda8d64-4352-4458-bb5c-bc9c6bee1263I have tried this particular thing, Reset of one drive was done, ALso uninstalled and re installed OFFICe but this issue is still there,...
  6. server file updated a newer version is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Replacing HDD with a newer bigger one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing HDD with a newer bigger one: Hi! I will be getting a new bigger harddrive. I have an ssd for system and HDD for data. So....I want to replace the HDD with a bigger one and keep the old one as archive/useful trash ...only problem is that I don't know how to move all the data and tell the system and all...
  8. How to copy multiple pdf files from different folders to other different folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy multiple pdf files from different folders to other different folders: I have thousands of .pdf files saves into 9 different folders. All files have common ending numbers like 1, 2, 3 I want to move those all files to different 250 folders, which have also starting numbers like 1, 2, 3 and going on. How can I do this with minimum efforts ?...
  9. Replacing Folder of .mp3 files with higher bitrate version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing Folder of .mp3 files with higher bitrate version?: I ripped my spotify playlists into .mp3 files so I can play them on my iPod but they all came out as 128kbps. My buddy recently shared his music collection with me and it has the same songs but at 320kbps. How could I quickly replace the files in my playlists with the better...
  10. Difference in files/folders from backup of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in files/folders from backup of files: I copied the contents from my main hard drive to a backup hard drive and want to verify if I am missing any files. I copied my files with teracopy and verified that all files transferred and were successful. When I click on the root folder from both drives they have a...