Windows 10: Replace hd and win10

Discus and support Replace hd and win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Acer 7551-7422 hard drive totally dead. They have never backed up the computer. The computer did upgrade quite a while back from Windows 7 home premium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anaron, Sep 29, 2020.

1. anaron Win User

Replace hd and win10

Acer 7551-7422 hard drive totally dead. They have never backed up the computer. The computer did upgrade quite a while back from Windows 7 home premium to Windows 10. I am installing a new ssd. I was told I needed to reinstall Win7 then do an upgrade but for some reason that does not seem right to me. Since the computer had already been upgraded to Win 10 can I just install the version 2004 of win10 and will it activate?
    Ron

:)

anaron, Sep 29, 2020

2. My HD has failed I need to replace it. How to I do that and keep Win10?

My HD is showing signs of failing. How can I replace my HD and then reinstall Win10 ?

AprilSmiths, Sep 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Replace hd and win10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Replace hd and win10

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Replace hd and win10

1. Replace hd and win10 - Similar Threads - Replace win10

2. laptop HDD replaced w/ New SSD. tech reloaded WIN10 w/ y license, activated with s/n. . How...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    laptop HDD replaced w/ New SSD. tech reloaded WIN10 w/ y license, activated with s/n. . How...: Please see below https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-hdd-replaced-w-new-ssd-tech-reloaded-win10/8f305287-070e-4452-914a-4ef2588374fd
  3. laptop HDD replaced w/ New SSD. tech reloaded WIN10 w/ y license, activated with s/n. . How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop HDD replaced w/ New SSD. tech reloaded WIN10 w/ y license, activated with s/n. . How...: Please see below https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-hdd-replaced-w-new-ssd-tech-reloaded-win10/8f305287-070e-4452-914a-4ef2588374fd
  4. laptop HDD replaced w/ New SSD. tech reloaded WIN10 w/ y license, activated with s/n. . How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10: Hello Team, I'm planning to replace/upgrade my SSD into 1TB. So I was thinking to re-use my product key after changing and re-install my OS on new SSD. I understand that I'll need to de-activate the current OS before I re-activate with the same key on the new SSD. However,...
  6. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10: Hello Team, I'm planning to replace/upgrade my SSD into 1TB. So I was thinking to re-use my product key after changing and re-install my OS on new SSD. I understand that I'll need to de-activate the current OS before I re-activate with the same key on the new SSD. However,...
  7. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

8. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  9. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  10. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade