Windows 10: Replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 with digital license

Discus and support Replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 with digital license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 on my laptop. My Microsoft account is linked to Windows 10 digital license. So, need I remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlexAlexes, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 with digital license

Hi, I would like to replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 on my laptop. My Microsoft account is linked to Windows 10 digital license. So, need I remove Windows license from current HDD to activate it later on the new one (as described here) or it is not necessary to remove it (OK to follow this only)? And will it be activated automatically when I sign into my Microsoft account? Windows 10 Retail, upgraded from Windows 8.1. Thank you in advance.

:)

AlexAlexes, Feb 24, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2019
  3. reactivate windows 10 digital license

Trying to reactivate windows 10 digital license after hardware change and it keeps saying "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again. "

I linked the account to the digital license before hardware changes.

I checked windows license before change and it said it was retail version.

Is there a reason it keeps saying the servers are busy? I can still log into my account.

homeless195, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 with digital license

How to reactivate windows 10 with digital license after pc change

Please help if somebody encountered the same problem for reactivating windows 10 Pro with digital license after pc change,it is originally upgraded from windows 7 Pro...Thanks in advance who will reply and give best suggestion!

Jon Delos Santos, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 with digital license

1. Replace HDD and reactivate Windows 10 with digital license - Similar Threads - Replace HDD reactivate

2. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating windows with a digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating windows with a digital license: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  6. Reactivating windows with a digital license

Reactivating windows with a digital license: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  7. Reactivating windows with a digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?

Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?: Hey, I wanted to ask how it is with digital licenses of Windows 10. On my account I have an active license. Now I want to use a new system. Do I have to "deactivate" Windows 10 on my old computer to make it run on the new one? Digitale Windows 10 Lizenz? "Reaktivieren"?
  9. Windows 10 Digital License Reactivation Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital License Reactivation Help: Hi, I recently built a new PC and reinstalled Windows 10. I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account from the free upgrade to Windows 10 that I did on my old PC a few years back, so I thought I'd just transfer the same license to my new computer with my Microsoft...
  10. Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license

Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license: Hi, I have received a digital upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Home and have the copy on my VM. Now I want to transfer it to my physical machine, but am not able to activate the license. I get error code 0x803FA067. How can I successfully activate my windows? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 digital license hdd change