Windows 10: Replace HHD with SSD

Discus and support Replace HHD with SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeFrederick2, May 29, 2020.

1. Replace HHD with SSD

I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will I be able to get all the updates that I now have again? I do not want to mirror my current HHD but use it for back up and get rid of the registry on it because I have, a program on it that I cannot delete and believe it is ransomware.

:)

JoeFrederick2, May 29, 2020
  2. Mooly Win User

HHD question on replacing EIDE with a SATA.

At the moment this is a bit hypothetical. I have a 9.5yr old Acer laptop that has its original 120Gb drive fitted. The drive says on it 'Enhanced IDE'.

The Crucial website says that the original storage fitted has 'Serial ATA support' and suggests a standard SATA SSD as a replacement.

My question is whether you can just fit a modern SATA drive as a straight swap here. Not necessarily the Crucial one as I've seen some good offers on Samsung SSD's, and in any case I wouldn't want to spend much on such an old PC.

Replace HHD with SSD [​IMG]

Replace HHD with SSD [​IMG]

Mooly, May 29, 2020
  3. lacrumb Win User
    HHD to SSD

Get the SSD and a way to connect to the computer and clone it from the HHD.

There are a number of free programs to use to do the clone. I used EaseUS toDoBacklUp.

lacrumb, May 29, 2020
  4. Replace HHD with SSD

HHD to SSD

my HHD is running slow and i want to change to SSD, I previously upgrade from Win7 to Win10 what can i do

BasilRobinson, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Replace HHD with SSD

1. Replace HHD with SSD - Similar Threads - Replace HHD SSD

2. SSD Replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Replacement: My Refurbished Dell 790 SSD died. Everything on it is gone. Need to get Windows 10 Pro 64bit back on my Machine.. Via bootable USB...Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-replacement/cc449435-295b-47d3-a1ee-5f71cc550400
  3. win10 migration from HHD to SSD

win10 migration from HHD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I've got an SSD which already has a an older version of windows and an HDD with my current win10 version. I´d like to know how to migrate the new version from the HDD to the SSD and then, how to configure it to boost the new one without having to erase the old...
  4. 100% hhd and 0% ssd in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% hhd and 0% ssd in Task Manager: Not really sure what to do at this point seemed to try everything I could find online. Recently replaced my CPU in the last 2 weeks, already double checked if everything was plugged in and also plugged and replugged my SSD into the motherboard with no fix when I turned...
  5. Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer: I just purchased an SSD that I want to use as my primary disk. Before this SSD I was (and still am sadly) using an HHD. I have already migrated all of my files using an application called 'Data Migration'. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm already...
  6. Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration: So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains my photos and...
  7. Replacing the SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing the SSD: Good afternoon everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad (one of the smaller ones) that needs to be upgraded if I can. It has a small SSD that although runs well, its just too small. Is it possible to install an SSD that has a bit more storage? Say 250GB? 102824
  8. HHD question on replacing EIDE with a SATA.

HHD question on replacing EIDE with a SATA.: At the moment this is a bit hypothetical. I have a 9.5yr old Acer laptop that has its original 120Gb drive fitted. The drive says on it 'Enhanced IDE'. The Crucial website says that the original storage fitted has 'Serial ATA support' and suggests a standard SATA SSD as a...
  9. Run SSD and HHD in harmony

Run SSD and HHD in harmony: Hey, I am a long term Mac user and have replaced the main PC with a windows 10 one which has been custom built. The OS is stored on the 120GB SSD drive and there is also a 1TB HHD that I want to use as the library and also place for installing programs etc. Basically...
  10. Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD: Okay, One of my systems currently has Windows 7 Home Premium that somewhere along the line I used it to play around with 10. Because when I go to the Windows upgrade site, it is recognized as a Windows 10 machine. Now, I am currently running on HHDs a couple of 4TB...