Windows 10: Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro?

Discus and support Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my Bootcamp version of Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 on my MacBook Air. The screen is cracked on my MacBook Air so I am trying to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BikerDude, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BikerDude Win User

Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro?

I upgraded my Bootcamp version of Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 on my MacBook Air. The screen is cracked on my MacBook Air so I am trying to move Bootcamp to a new MacBook Pro. When I run Sysprep I am getting an error message that says Sysprep cannot run on an upgraded version of Windows.

My question is: If I purchase new Windows 10 Pro operating system, can I replace the upgraded Windows 10 product key with the new key and will it change the upgrade to a new installation of Windows 10. If it will do this, I can then run Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro.

Thanks for your help!

:)

BikerDude, Feb 8, 2016

2. Windows 10

I am changing my old Macbook pro to new mac book. I installed Windows 10 and using it through bootcamp. Now I want to know how to install the windows 10 from my old MacBook to my new Macbook.

SureshBiyani, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Ivan_Lai Win User
    Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

Installed a licensed copy of Win 7 pro 64 bit under Parallels 11 at my new MacBook. Upgrade to Win 10 64 bit Pro with no problem with activation. Found out that 1 of my USB Token is not function properly and decided to switch to Bootcamp as both tech at
    Microsoft and Parallels unable to resolve the issue.

Created a bootable Win 10 USB and proceed with Bootcamp installation (Unable to use Win 7 as the latest MacBook Bootcamp require Win 8 and above). Installed Win 10 without entering product key and after installation it did detect my product key for Win 10
    from previous installation under Parallels 11. My USB Token now function correctly. However, under Bootcamp my Win 10 is not activated even though it detected my product key.

Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro? [​IMG]

Called Microsoft and they suggest me to get a new copy of Win 10. That is not helpful at all. Unable to install Win 7 under Bootcamp to re-upgrade again. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Ivan_Lai, Feb 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi BikerDude, welcome to the Ten Forums.

There's a really fast and simple workaround to get Sysprep to work on an upgraded Windows. See this tutorial: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums, scroll down to end of it to find a section called UPGRADE. In that section you'll find Step 2. Edit Registry which tells you exactly what to do.

Kari, Feb 9, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    You may have a problem with activation. It might work just entering your 7 key in 10 but if it says "key in use" then to get activation on your new MBP you'll need to install 7 ultimate again, activate it and upgrade it to 10. Once 10 is activated you have your digital entitlement and you can then wipe the install and replace it with the syspreped version.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro? - Similar Threads - Replace key Sysprep

2. Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating: MacBook/Gaming OverheatsHi, I wondered if you would be able to help me. I have a MacBook Pro with the following spec and would like to use windows bootcamp to use steam and use it for gaming games like GTA. Having followed all the instructions and installing everything the...
  3. Windows Bootcamp in MacBook Pro Complete Darkness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bootcamp in MacBook Pro Complete Darkness: HELP!!!!My Windows boot camp in MacBook Pro was working fine until I accidentally turned the display lighting to 0, now my screen is in complete darkness only in windows mode, keyboard lighting is still on.I've tried the following, it still doesn't work: 1. restarting the...
  4. Windows Bootcamp in MacBook Pro Complete Darkness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Bootcamp in MacBook Pro Complete Darkness: HELP!!!!My Windows boot camp in MacBook Pro was working fine until I accidentally turned the display lighting to 0, now my screen is in complete darkness only in windows mode, keyboard lighting is still on.I've tried the following, it still doesn't work: 1. restarting the...
  5. macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop: I have a MacBook Pro 15″ 2019 and I've used bootcamp to run Windows 10. Unfortunately, I got a blue screen and it just loops this death screen. I've followed virtually every path on the diagnostics and it keeps running into an error.. I can't even get into safemode... I've...
  6. macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop: I have a MacBook Pro 15″ 2019 and I've used bootcamp to run Windows 10. Unfortunately, I got a blue screen and it just loops this death screen. I've followed virtually every path on the diagnostics and it keeps running into an error.. I can't even get into safemode... I've...
  7. macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reusing Windows Key for Macbook Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing Windows Key for Macbook Bootcamp: Hi, I have a Windows 10 key for my home desktop and I recently bought a Macbook Pro and decided to install Windows via Bootcamp, and I reused the key, is this allowed? I am still using my home desktop daily. Is there a way to unlink the Macbook if it's not allowed or do I...
  9. Bootcamp Macbook Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootcamp Macbook Windows 10 Pro: I had to borrow a friend's Macbook to run Win for a couple of months in 2017 (2 laptops lost in a flood). I "thought" I wiped the drive properly, but...I saw on my credit card site, a device was listed as "Mac OSX" accessing the site August 2019! Friend now wants to sell...
  10. Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp: I previously have the Windows 10 activated on Parallels Desktop. Now, I want to switch to Bootcamp. However, it prevents me from switch the license even with the hardware change option. Any idea? [ATTACH]...