Windows 10: Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro?

Discus and support Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my Bootcamp version of Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 on my MacBook Air. The screen is cracked on my MacBook Air so I am trying to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BikerDude, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BikerDude Win User

Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro?

I upgraded my Bootcamp version of Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 on my MacBook Air. The screen is cracked on my MacBook Air so I am trying to move Bootcamp to a new MacBook Pro. When I run Sysprep I am getting an error message that says Sysprep cannot run on an upgraded version of Windows.

My question is: If I purchase new Windows 10 Pro operating system, can I replace the upgraded Windows 10 product key with the new key and will it change the upgrade to a new installation of Windows 10. If it will do this, I can then run Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro.

Thanks for your help!

:)

BikerDude, Feb 8, 2016

2. Windows 10

I am changing my old Macbook pro to new mac book. I installed Windows 10 and using it through bootcamp. Now I want to know how to install the windows 10 from my old MacBook to my new Macbook.

SureshBiyani, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Ivan_Lai Win User
    Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

Installed a licensed copy of Win 7 pro 64 bit under Parallels 11 at my new MacBook. Upgrade to Win 10 64 bit Pro with no problem with activation. Found out that 1 of my USB Token is not function properly and decided to switch to Bootcamp as both tech at
    Microsoft and Parallels unable to resolve the issue.

Created a bootable Win 10 USB and proceed with Bootcamp installation (Unable to use Win 7 as the latest MacBook Bootcamp require Win 8 and above). Installed Win 10 without entering product key and after installation it did detect my product key for Win 10
    from previous installation under Parallels 11. My USB Token now function correctly. However, under Bootcamp my Win 10 is not activated even though it detected my product key.

Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro? [​IMG]

Called Microsoft and they suggest me to get a new copy of Win 10. That is not helpful at all. Unable to install Win 7 under Bootcamp to re-upgrade again. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Ivan_Lai, Feb 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi BikerDude, welcome to the Ten Forums.

There's a really fast and simple workaround to get Sysprep to work on an upgraded Windows. See this tutorial: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums, scroll down to end of it to find a section called UPGRADE. In that section you'll find Step 2. Edit Registry which tells you exactly what to do.

Kari, Feb 9, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    You may have a problem with activation. It might work just entering your 7 key in 10 but if it says "key in use" then to get activation on your new MBP you'll need to install 7 ultimate again, activate it and upgrade it to 10. Once 10 is activated you have your digital entitlement and you can then wipe the install and replace it with the syspreped version.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro? - Similar Threads - Replace key Sysprep

2. Bootcamp Macbook Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootcamp Macbook Windows 10 Pro: I had to borrow a friend's Macbook to run Win for a couple of months in 2017 (2 laptops lost in a flood). I "thought" I wiped the drive properly, but...I saw on my credit card site, a device was listed as "Mac OSX" accessing the site August 2019! Friend now wants to sell...
  3. bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air: I have windows 10 iso disc image, it is not installed in my MacBook Air always says bootcamp installation failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-installation-failed-in-macbook-air/905399a2-845b-4467-a91a-3d926ca07b31
  4. Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp: I previously have the Windows 10 activated on Parallels Desktop. Now, I want to switch to Bootcamp. However, it prevents me from switch the license even with the hardware change option. Any idea? [ATTACH]...
  5. Microsoft bluetooth radio on Windows 10 on Macbook pro 2017/2018 Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft bluetooth radio on Windows 10 on Macbook pro 2017/2018 Bootcamp: ok, I have read through a lot of articles relating to issues with Bluetooth in windows 10 on MacBook pro via bootcamp. Environment: MacBook pro 2017/2018 (high sierra) windows 10 1803/1809/1903 latest bootcamp drivers (6.1) so, people are having issues from...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Imaging / SysPrep / Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro - Imaging / SysPrep / Activation Key: We recently took delivery of 50 new PCs with Windows 10 Pro installed. I'd like to create a single image that I can copy to all of them. We've built one PC to our requirements. I've then been reading up on SysPrep tool to strip back the Machine SID, and activation key...
  7. Used bootcamp to install windows to play Fortite on my Macbook pro 2018 15" touchbar chat...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used bootcamp to install windows to play Fortite on my Macbook pro 2018 15" touchbar chat...: When in a lobby people say my mic is extremely loud, distorted and clipping. Is anyone familiar with how to fix this audio issue?? Thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-bootcamp-to-install-windows-to-play-fortite/9adc66eb-e705-46ea-a8d4-2be51bc6898d
  8. Drivers missing in Windows 10 safemode bootcamp Macbook pro 2017 overheating in WOW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers missing in Windows 10 safemode bootcamp Macbook pro 2017 overheating in WOW: System as follows MacBook Pro 2017 Retina Touchbar Mojave Latest system Windows 10 Latest system WOW I use my windows side of the system for games mostly because the system is supported for gaming. I was playing WOW and noticed that there was a caution symbol there. I...
  9. installing on macbook pro

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    installing on macbook pro: i fully intend to install the upcoming preview on my Windows machines. i think i will try a virtualization option (bootcamp, something else) for the first time on a Mac & use it to run the Windows preview. would this be a place to discuss this? it'll be fun to be running...
  10. How to project games to a Macbook using windows (bootcamp).

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to project games to a Macbook using windows (bootcamp).: Hi, this is my first thread, so if anyone would bear with me, I'd appreciate it. I have a windows 10 Gigabyte gaming laptop (P55) who's monitor has gone bad. It has a pink hue and burn-in, but I have tested it by connecting it to an external monitor, and it does work then....