Windows 10: replace microsoft activation key on new windows

Discus and support replace microsoft activation key on new windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,i have a surface with pre-installed windows on that, i want to install windows again and want to know is it possible to use activation key on new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PouryaMoatazedi, Jul 21, 2021.

1. replace microsoft activation key on new windows

Hi,i have a surface with pre-installed windows on that, i want to install windows again and want to know is it possible to use activation key on new windows? or use it on windows 11 that installed manually?

:)

PouryaMoatazedi, Jul 21, 2021

2. New/Replacement Activation Key

Hi Marlute,

Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Depending on how you got your copy of Windows 10, activation will use either a digital license or a 25-character
    product key.

To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the notifications that you've received?
    • Are you getting any specific error messages? If yes, kindly send us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the concern?
    We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jul 21, 2021
  3. New/Replacement Activation Key

You can purchase a Windows 10 Pro key then enter it yourself:

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

replace microsoft activation key on new windows 3da2537b-b7cd-4a78-8e2e-37972d2e1eea.png

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free.
      If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

replace microsoft activation key on new windows 17ce044e-74b0-43e6-8478-4e3807b6078e.png

Andre Da Costa, Jul 21, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

replace microsoft activation key on new windows

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Upgrade. Upgrade. It's not a full OS, it's a free upgrade to an existing OS.

If it is already activated, you can download the "240" build and update from there. That is the key part...it has to be activated and listed in your Microsoft Account in order to be upgraded from preview to release. No new activations have been possible for a few now.

cadaveca, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

replace microsoft activation key on new windows

1. replace microsoft activation key on new windows - Similar Threads - replace microsoft activation

2. "active window" with a new product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "active window" with a new product key: My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how can I get the key? thank you!...
  3. "active window" with a new product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "active window" with a new product key: My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how can I get the key? thank you!...
  4. Bought Windows 10 Home to replace lost activation key. Brand new key from Microsoft store...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Windows 10 Home to replace lost activation key. Brand new key from Microsoft store...: Hi!I originally had a windows 8 that upgraded to 10 home N. I lost my activation key though out my moves. Since Streamlabs won't run on my windows anymore since it's not activated I can't stream to my friends. I bought a new key from the Microsoft store and have the key for...
  5. Bought Windows 10 Home to replace lost activation key. Brand new key from Microsoft store...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought Windows 10 Home to replace lost activation key. Brand new key from Microsoft store...: Hi!I originally had a windows 8 that upgraded to 10 home N. I lost my activation key though out my moves. Since Streamlabs won't run on my windows anymore since it's not activated I can't stream to my friends. I bought a new key from the Microsoft store and have the key for...
  6. Bought Windows 10 Home to replace lost activation key. Brand new key from Microsoft store...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Pro product key not accepted when activating a new replacement desktop

Windows 10 Pro product key not accepted when activating a new replacement desktop: My old desktop has a valid Windows 10 Pro license bought in 2017 and still keep the product key. Today I have built a new desktop with more powerful processor and dismantle the old one. I also recycled all the drives, including the previous windows boot drive. After the new...
  8. new computer with activated windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new computer with activated windows key: just bought a new computer from acer sealed and everything. After about 15 minutes later the activate windows icon starts at the right bottom off my computer. I find the windows key with powershell "Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from...
  9. Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.

Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.: Dear Sir, Sir currently I am facing problem with my laptop.I contacted the retailer he advised me to go for new motherboard in this laptop.Since my laptop has genuine window.So I am in fear of loosing genuine window.Is there any way of preserving my genuine window.So that...
  10. windows activation key for a new PC

windows activation key for a new PC: Hi, i have an old laptop in which i bought and activated a windows 10 product key. i upgraded the laptop to a new PC. when i tried to activate windows 10 on the new PC with the same product number i got an error. so my question is: how do i use the old key on my new PC?...