Windows 10: Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

Discus and support Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Yesterday I downloaded Dark Notepad from the Microsoft Store. It is a dark mode version of regular notepad. The problem is I assumed that when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FredFish, Feb 9, 2020.

1. FredFish Win User

Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

Yesterday I downloaded Dark Notepad from the Microsoft Store. It is a dark mode version of regular notepad. The problem is I assumed that when I installed Dark Notepad it would replace Notepad....NOT. I now have both notepads and a big problem. I opened Dark Notepad and created and saved a batch file. When I opened the batch file to edit it Notepad opened the file, not Dark Notepad which defeats the purpose of having it.

It seems when you create a file in dark notepad there is no way to open that file again in dark notepad. The Dark Notepad version is 1.0.8.0. This was not written by Microsoft but by a third party but since it was in the Microsoft store it would "play well" with Windows 10.

I have Windows Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.592.

I am unable to find out how to remove Classic Notepad and replace it with Dark Notepad which may not even be possible which would make Dark Notepad useless.

:)

FredFish, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Asylum Win User

Notepad Question

Yea i picked that up last night.

Works much better than regular notepad.

Asylum, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

notepad

Hi Rich,

I suggest that you use "WordPad" in Windows 10 to accomplish your task. Notepad is just too basic for this function.

I Hope This Helps

If My Reply Answered Your Question, Please Mark It Answered. Thank-You

Leprechaun J, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

1. Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad - Similar Threads - Replace Notepad 1909

2. Notepad Dark mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark mode Bug: My notepad app has white borders around it. I think, only the bolder is in light mode. Borders dissapear when I resize the notepad app windo, but keep appearing when I close and open notepad again. I formatted my pc, I updated windows in lateste version, I re-installed...
  3. Notepad Dark mode Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Dark mode Bug: My notepad app has white borders around it. I think, only the bolder is in light mode. Borders dissapear when I resize the notepad app windo, but keep appearing when I close and open notepad again. I formatted my pc, I updated windows in lateste version, I re-installed...
  4. dark theme, but notepad is still white

in Windows 10 Customization
    dark theme, but notepad is still white: just as title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-but-notepad-is-still-white/ffa5c806-e4b8-4444-a8d7-1a2a454b7944
  5. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  6. Notepad Dark Mode Bug

Notepad Dark Mode Bug: As you see in the above screenshot, the new notepad 11.2112.32.0 is having a white border surrounding it. My PC have installed 22000.572 and I'm using Vietnamese Language Pack....
  7. How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Notepad is the default text editor found in Windows computers. Every .txt file is configured to open directly in the Notepad. It has paved the way for text editors over quite some time now, in which period we have seen some very promising competitors of Notepad. One...
  8. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  9. how to replace notepad

how to replace notepad: my info on notepad got erased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-to-replace-notepad/7f6fba0e-1332-4500-89a6-667296e7fd58
  10. Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. You can search to find...