Windows 10: Replace SSD with Windows 10 on it.

Discus and support Replace SSD with Windows 10 on it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a w 10 Pro Asus PC, with the following: SSD 128 GB with the OS of W10 Pro on it, Intel 7700 Processor, 1GB Hd being used for data, and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NVFOX, Oct 22, 2020.

1. NVFOX Win User

Replace SSD with Windows 10 on it.

I have a w 10 Pro Asus PC, with the following:

SSD 128 GB with the OS of W10 Pro on it, Intel 7700 Processor, 1GB Hd being used for data, and other things which are not so important for what I like to ask for here.

I am considering to replace the 128GB SSD with a 500GB or 1TB SSD, so I have everything on that SSD. Then retire the HD. My question is: which is the best way to migrate the W 10 Pro from the old SSD to the new one. I understand that I have to reinstall all programs which are on the old SD and the HD respectively. The reason for the move is to have everything on one single drive. I have a complete and clean backup of my data, docs, pictures etc. I heard about AOMEI Assistant program,which is supposed to make the process relatively easy. Any comment on this?

:)

NVFOX, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Replace SSD with Windows 10 on it. - Similar Threads - Replace SSD

2. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  3. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  4. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  5. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  6. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  8. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  9. im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?: I am going to be replacing the m.2 SSD on a laptop that had Windows 11 preinstalled on it the current SSD has corrupted files on it and the laptop can't be used so I cant transfer everything from one SSD to the next is there any way to get windows back after the change?...
  10. im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?

im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?: I am going to be replacing the m.2 SSD on a laptop that had Windows 11 preinstalled on it the current SSD has corrupted files on it and the laptop can't be used so I cant transfer everything from one SSD to the next is there any way to get windows back after the change?...