Windows 10: Replace stock windows sound effect with other custom sound.

Discus and support Replace stock windows sound effect with other custom sound. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to replace the windows asterisk sound with another sound (bruh sound effect for personal reasons). I tried converting to mp3 (from YouTube and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cryptanic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Replace stock windows sound effect with other custom sound.

I want to replace the windows asterisk sound with another sound (bruh sound effect for personal reasons). I tried converting to mp3 (from YouTube and then in file explorer to .WAV but to no avail, it doesn't work. Any solutions???

submitted by /u/Cryptanic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cryptanic, Sep 29, 2020

2. Minimize sound effect not working

Hello Carl,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sound effect in minimized Window not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Did you installed any Windows Theme?
    • Did you make changes to audio wav files for default sound scheme?
    • Did you try assigning different wav audio to minimize?

Meanwhile we suggest you to go Control Panel > Classic items view > Sound > sounds Tab > Sound Schemes > revert to default and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 29, 2020
  3. No Sound!!

I am having issues with sound on my mom's Acer desktop PC. I have troubleshooted the sound, and did as it suggested to do by turning off the sound effects. It's an Acer Aspire XC-603G that is listed in my specs. Where can I find an updated driver for it for this computer? It uses Realtek High Definition Audio.

Jesse Williams, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Replace stock windows sound effect with other custom sound.

sounds effects

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below:

1, Try to run the Apps troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

Also, try the following procedures:

1. Check your speaker settings:

Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop and click Playback devices.

In the Playback tab, ensure there’s a green tick on Speakers. This indicates that your speakers are the default playback device.

If your Speakers are NOT already set as the default, this is doubtless your problem. To fix, just click them, click Set Default, then click OK and test whether you have sound.

If your Speakers are set as the default playback device, and you’re still not hearing any sound, you should to do this >> click Speakers then Properties >> Go to the Advanced tab, and in the Default Format section, select a different sample rate and bit depth,
    then click Test. Repeat this process until you find a format that works, then click OK.

2, If the step above didn't work, I suggest to Uninstall your audio driver.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X (at the same time) to invoke the quick-access menu, then Click Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers,

right-click on your sound card, and click Uninstall.

Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.

3. If these steps didn't fix the issue, I suggest to Up Date the driver from the manufacture web site.

Also, You can try the following procedures in the links below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Replace stock windows sound effect with other custom sound.

1. Replace stock windows sound effect with other custom sound. - Similar Threads - Replace stock sound

2. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  3. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  5. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Custom Sounds Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sounds Windows 11: Hi,I would like to use a different sound clip when my PC locks or shuts down. However, each time they are run, the Groove Music app opens for no reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-sounds-windows-11/1665ceb7-47b1-40bd-941b-7ee808958669
  7. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  8. Custom Sound Schemes

Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...
  9. Charging Sound Effect

Charging Sound Effect: How Can I Add or Change Charger Connected And 100% Charged Sound Effects In Windows 10 Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-sound-effect/03a2c3b1-62a6-48b5-af08-1071c0a30ead
  10. Sound environment effects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound environment effects: I cannot find this anywhere. I want to add a environment effect to system wide sound. What I want is effects like, bathroom, concert hall, arena, etc etc. I Cannot find any way to do this ANYWHERE. I have been searching for hours. Am I completely missing something or is this...