Windows 10: Replace taskbar menu with window thumbnails

Discus and support Replace taskbar menu with window thumbnails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using the latest version updated at the start of September of Windows 10 Professional on a Dell desktop computer. I have two monitors connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MPeek, Sep 28, 2020.

1. MPeek Win User

Replace taskbar menu with window thumbnails

I'm using the latest version updated at the start of September of Windows 10 Professional on a Dell desktop computer. I have two monitors connected side-by-side. When I hover the mouse over most of the icons in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, I see little thumbnail images of each window opened in that program/app. But, in the last couple of weeks, when I hover over the SeaMonkey browser icon, I get a tall menu showing the title of each tab opened in each of the four SeaMonkey windows. How can I stop the menu and show little thumbnails of each of the four browser windows?

:)

MPeek, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Replace taskbar menu with window thumbnails - Similar Threads - Replace taskbar menu

2. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  3. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  4. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  5. taskbar thumbnail preview

taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  6. Taskbar thumbnails

Taskbar thumbnails: Dear microsoft community, I experience a problem with the windows 10 taskbar. If I have multiple instances of 1 application open and I hover over it, it just show the text not a thumbnail. As you can see in the picture underneath[ATTACH]I don't have this problem when only...
  7. Turn on taskbar thumbnails

Turn on taskbar thumbnails: [ATTACH] Does anyone know hoe to fix this? I cant see the thumbnails of my applications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-taskbar-thumbnails/17cdeb68-f011-4826-b93b-4b8ff719d80a
  8. Folder thumbnails on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails on taskbar?: Have File Explorer folders always been displayed like this? So that the full names cannot be identified when their current width is narrow? [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 135755
  9. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue. [img] 122929
  10. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please? 32563