Windows 10: Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

Discus and support Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AussieAnon365, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

Hi all,

I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home.

I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal.

I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail).

If I wipe all partitions, and clean install Windows using the Windows 10 Pro OEM key, will this replace the existing key for Home in this BIOS?

I know I could create a ei.cfg and PID.txt file, but would activating a Pro OEM key replace the factory Home OEM key in the BIOS/UEFI going forward, so a default Windows 10 install would trigger the Pro version and not the Home one?

submitted by /u/AussieAnon365
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AussieAnon365, Jul 13, 2020

2. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jul 13, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Hi shockwaveriderz

If you previously used that Windows Pro OEM licence on another PC, you cannot use that on your new laptop, that licence will be tied to the original motherboard

If you have not previously used that Pro OEM licence, you can use that on the new laptop, that licence will then replace the Home OEM Key on the motherboard of the new laptop . . .

DaveM121, Jul 13, 2020
  4. iiWWee Win User

Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

Is it still possible to upgrade OEM Window 10 from HOME to PRO with a valid windows 8 OEM PRO key?

I purchased a windows 8 OEM Pro key several years ago. Recently I bought a laptop with Windows 10 HOME. I want to upgrade it Windows 10 Pro. It is possible to make it with the Windows 8 Pro key? If yes, what steps are there? Many thanks!

iiWWee, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

1. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key - Similar Threads - Replace Home OEM

2. Windows 10 home to pro via OEM key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home to pro via OEM key: Hello! When I try to upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro using an OEM Windows 10 Pro Product key via change product key menu via settings, I keep getting a message saying my product key is not valid. Is there anyway to fix this/get it to take the product key without having to...
  3. oem key

oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  4. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  5. Oem key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  6. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  7. oem key

oem key: Hello reset pc is not working on windows surface book pro, so I need to format it, how can I reinstall my oem key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/d3959937-f218-42ae-be23-31db8afbdcf0
  8. Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?

Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?: Hello. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home with an OEM license. I need to replace my motherboard, but I can't buy the same model because it's no longer being manufactured. Since I have my Windows installation set up the way I want it, I'd like to replace my OEM product...
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...