Windows 10: replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad

Discus and support replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have linux gnome as the sole OS on my lenovo T450 thinkpad and I would like to replace the entire operating system with the latest version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mgkes, Nov 24, 2021.

1. mgkes Win User

replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad

I currently have linux gnome as the sole OS on my lenovo T450 thinkpad and I would like to replace the entire operating system with the latest version of windows that my laptop can run. I'm not incredibly tech savvy an ex originally replaced windows with linux in the first place and I do not currently own a new version of windows. I'm obviously willing to purchase it but I need to know what, exactly, I need to purchase does it have to be the USB version?, and step by step instructions to uninstall gnome and install windows. I will back up the files that I need, and otherwise I do not need

:)

mgkes, Nov 24, 2021
  2. BruceT414 Win User

Lenovo Think Pad T450S Intel Graphics Driver

I have a Lenovo Think Pad with the intel 5500 graphics driver. Have downloaded latest driver software from Lenovo and Intel and Device Manager still shows incompatibility with Windows 10 so it must be using a generic driver. I cannot connect to any external
    monitor. Any suggestions?

BruceT414, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Lenovo Think Pad T450S Intel Graphics Driver

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check the Compatibility of Microsoft Applocale Utility and if it is compatible then try to install it in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

To run the program in Compatibility mode follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

Megahertz, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

1. replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad - Similar Threads - replace uninstall linux

2. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  3. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  4. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...: So I bought a laptop from Lenovo and replaced Windows with Kali Linux. It was a horrible decision, so I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB.Long story short: no networks show up to connect to and I have a yellow symbol next to my network adapter in the device manager.I have...
  5. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...: So I bought a laptop from Lenovo and replaced Windows with Kali Linux. It was a horrible decision, so I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB.Long story short: no networks show up to connect to and I have a yellow symbol next to my network adapter in the device manager.I have...
  6. Lenovo think pad edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo think pad edge: How to fix the display showing pink screen on lenovo think pad edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-edge/b7ee4ccd-1db8-4401-8e3c-1bd35ca28448
  7. Lenovo think pad edge

Lenovo think pad edge: How to fix the display showing pink screen on lenovo think pad edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-edge/b7ee4ccd-1db8-4401-8e3c-1bd35ca28448
  8. replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad: I currently have linux gnome as the sole OS on my lenovo T450 thinkpad and I would like to replace the entire operating system with the latest version of windows that my laptop can run. I'm not incredibly tech savvy an ex originally replaced windows with linux in the first...
  9. replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad

replace uninstall linux gnome with windows on lenovo T450 think pad: I currently have linux gnome as the sole OS on my lenovo T450 thinkpad and I would like to replace the entire operating system with the latest version of windows that my laptop can run. I'm not incredibly tech savvy an ex originally replaced windows with linux in the first...
  10. Lenovo Think Pad Pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Think Pad Pen: My pen on my Lenovo Think Pad no longer works. Also when I track my device it pings it from a place I visited over a year ago. I have my location settings set for on so I'm not sure why it is not tracking my current location....