Windows 10: Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the...

Discus and support Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11 24H2 as an administrator.I would like to be asked for credentials every time a UAC prompt appears, but not change the frequency... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Craig_007, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the...

I am running Windows 11 24H2 as an administrator.I would like to be asked for credentials every time a UAC prompt appears, but not change the frequency of the prompt. I have already figured out how to get it to ask for a password instead of just consent. Whenever I make a change I have tried both registry edits and security policy changes so that it now asks for my password, I get UAC prompts more often. I now get a UAC prompt for stuff like task manager and event viewer. I don't want this, it is annoying. I'd like to keep my UAC settings on the default. I want to keep this frequency of UAC

:)

Daniel Craig_007, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

UAC (User Account Control)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say “I lost my UAC password”, do you mean you do not remember the password of the administrator account?
    • Are you using a standard account to login to the computer?
    • Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    • How many user accounts do you have on your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

Ideally, the UAC prompt comes up when an administrative task is performed using a standard account. Whenever a UAC prompt comes up, you will need to enter the administrator account’s password to provide the permission.

For more information, see the section The consent and credential prompts
    in the article
    How User Account Control works

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account.

However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check email even If the UAC is set to Prompt for Credentials? Or, would it be more secure if I create another local account which would be a Standard User Account?

Can malware still cause damage even if the UAC is set to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for the local Admin Account?

I am the only one using the computer.

win10freak, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the...

How to change location of the User Account Controls (UAC) consent prompt force?

By default the UAC consent prompt pops open in a new virtual screen which is a hassle. How do I get it to appear in my main desktop's screen?

Zach

Zachary Uram, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the...

1. Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the... - Similar Threads - Replace user account

2. Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace user account control UAC consent prompt with credentials prompt, but not change the...: I am running Windows 11 24H2 as an administrator.I would like to be asked for credentials every time a UAC prompt appears, but not change the frequency of the prompt. I have already figured out how to get it to ask for a password instead of just consent. Whenever I make a...
  3. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  4. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  5. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  7. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  8. How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?: By default the UAC consent prompt pops open in a new virtual screen which is a hassle. How do I get it to appear in my main desktop's screen? Zach...
  9. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...
  10. User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro: I have a Surface 4(Windows 10 Pro) with 2 accounts, admin an standard(User account). Note: I am not using a server, everything is in the same machine. Using the standard account with no-admin rights, It is important that when this account is been used it need to be asked...