Windows 10: Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu?

Discus and support Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the "Windows Powershell" and "Windows Powershell (Admin)" options with "Windows Terminal" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by empireOS, Mar 28, 2021.

1. empireOS Win User

Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the "Windows Powershell" and "Windows Powershell (Admin)" options with "Windows Terminal" in the Start Menu context menu?

Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu? [​IMG]

I know there's an option to toggle between Command Prompt and Powershell in the Settings app, but I can't find any information regarding switching this to Windows Terminal.

You would think, given that Microsoft now bundles this with Windows 10 as standard, that this would be an option somewhere.

:)

empireOS, Mar 28, 2021
  2. natr0n Win User
    natr0n, Mar 28, 2021
  3. 6 Start Menu Replacements for Windows 8

Thanks natron. I've been using Classic Shell lately. I think it's the best out there.

thewarrior008, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Replace Powershell Terminal

2. How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu: hello there,just wanted to replace Windows terminal with PowerShell in the Windows+X menu I tried doing it through the groups in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX in windows explorer BUt it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me with this?this is...
  3. How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu: hello there,just wanted to replace Windows terminal with PowerShell in the Windows+X menu I tried doing it through the groups in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX in windows explorer BUt it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me with this?this is...
  4. Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

Is Terminal the same as Powershell?: I just upgraded W10 to W11. Now, I see "Terminal" and "Terminal admin" instead of "PowerShell" and "PowerShell admin". Is Terminal a replacement for PowerShell" or do I need to install PowerShell and if I do, how do I do it?...
  5. Start button right click menu missing Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal Admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click menu missing Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal Admin.: After a latest Windows Update the Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal Admin disappeared from the Windows start button right click context menu, How can I return it via Registry? or any way?...
  6. Start button right click menu missing Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal Admin.

Start button right click menu missing Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal Admin.: After a latest Windows Update the Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal Admin disappeared from the Windows start button right click context menu, How can I return it via Registry? or any way?...
  7. Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 START soon after an upgrade in late June 2021. To check SETTINGS or to CLOSE I used LEFT click and the symbol. NOW I have an old fashion menu, have to RIGHT click and click on SHUT DOWN. I can’t PIN and have no programme list menu displayed in...
  8. Keep elevated powershell in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep elevated powershell in Windows Terminal: I'm running Windows Terminal v.1.6.10571.0 and love having my Ubuntu, CMD and Powershell sessions all in WT. However, a few things I need to regularly do require me to elevate powershell. When I do this with 'Start-Process Powershell -Verb RunAs' it launches the elevated PS...
  9. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...
  10. [HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal?: As a Linux user, I love using Konsole. For work, I have to use Windows & sometimes I have to use the CLI, but I don't like PowerShell & CMD's interface, so I installed Windows Terminal, which I enjoy using. Any way for me to open cmd.exe with Win Terminal when I do Win+X?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win1 start menu windows terminal