Windows 10: Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

Discus and support Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search in Cortana to solve the problem; In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nossy Drelich, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the results in explorer just like Windows Search? I was told there are some third party tools that can do this, but I am not sure which. Or if there is a way to force the MS search protocol to use said apps, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

:)

Nossy Drelich, Aug 13, 2022

2. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the results in explorer just like Windows Search? Thanks in advance.

3. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the results in explorer just like Windows Search? I was told there are some third party tools that can do this, but I am not sure which. Or if there is a way to force the MS search protocol to use said apps, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

4. JhakeSong Win User

Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

Hi Nossy,

Good day! This is and I will be happy to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience. The 2 tools seem to be of a great help. Unfortunately, couldn't find ways on how to force windows to use its services automatically. These apps have to be launched manually and do the searching from there. Tweaks were available in changing windows search to use google search by using a third party extension Chrometana Pro. No such extensions are available to use Anytxt and Everything search.

Reference article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-let-google-h...

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

Standard Disclaimer: These are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. We strongly suggest not to install or purchase anything from the link.

JhakeSong, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search - Similar Threads - Replace Search Everything

2. Windows 11 Search Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Replacement: Hi Microsoft.As we all know, the built-in Windows 11 search feature has been broken for quite some time now. To have it reliably function, it requires rebooting the computer to get it working again, and then it's only for a few hours before it stops working again. It's very...
  3. Windows 11 Search Replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Replacement: Hi Microsoft.As we all know, the built-in Windows 11 search feature has been broken for quite some time now. To have it reliably function, it requires rebooting the computer to get it working again, and then it's only for a few hours before it stops working again. It's very...
  4. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  5. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  6. Replace Search icon with Search box issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace Search icon with Search box issue: Hello, I have this problem with my lenovo yoga, where I have the search icon in my taskbar, but I want the search box to replace the icon, I have tried to right click the taskbar and look for "properties" to access "Access Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", but I don't have...
  7. Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches

in Windows 10 News
    Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches: Everything Search is without doubt one of the fastest search tools that is available for the Windows operating system. It is a lot faster than the built-in Windows Search tool as it returns results nearly instantly, and supports lots of customization options to optimize...
  8. Search and Replace in Windows Explorer

Search and Replace in Windows Explorer: I have a folder with some 200 books in .txt format. About 40 of the titles begin with the word 'the', ex. The Plague, The Four Horsemen, etc. I was wondering if in Windows Explorer there is some way I can remove all instances of the initial 'the' in one fell swoop; something...
  9. In Search Of OneNote Replacement

In Search Of OneNote Replacement: I use OneNote Version 16001.11231.20118.0 from MS Office 365. Every time I send it data copied from a webpage or my notes, OneNote in the MS Cloud sucks up the added data, even though I have OneNote disconnected from it. Bad idea, since I have a huge library of text-indexed...
  10. Replace Windows 10 Cortana Search with Windows 8.1 Everywhere Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace Windows 10 Cortana Search with Windows 8.1 Everywhere Search: In Windows 10, the Search app became Cortana and got its own tile and AppID, Microsoft.Cortana_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Windows 8.1 featured a standalone Search app which was capable of running even when UAC is disabled. The Search app in Windows 8.1 is located inside the file...