Windows 10: Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone

Discus and support Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got this laptop pre set up from my school so I assume it had a precision touchpad, but I had it's battery replaced due to it becoming swollen. Upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CostaDross, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone

I got this laptop pre set up from my school so I assume it had a precision touchpad, but I had it's battery replaced due to it becoming swollen.

Upon changing the battery, I've come to realise the precision touchpad is gone, and now all I have is a two finger swipe, and that's it.

I installed a Synaptic driver, but despite showing it's installed on my settings app, with all the options being displayed, none of the features actually work.

I put the old battery in, in case that was the issue but even with that, it doesn't work

DEVICE: HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2

submitted by /u/CostaDross
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CostaDross, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Ted Tran Win User

Precision Touchpad is gone

Hi all,

I have a Dell XPS 13 (2015) which comes with Precision Touchpad. It used to work perfectly until this morning when it suddenly stopped. I cannot use the touchpad. The settings in Settings is also gone.

Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone 6980e020-2379-4d11-ba76-00a4ec188695.png

Ted Tran, Mar 23, 2021
  3. RoseHuang Win User
    Precision touchpad gone after resetting windows 10

Hi,

I recently bought a razer blade stealth which comes with precision touchpad. I was able to reverse the scrolling when I first got this laptop and everything was fine but after I reset my PC to reset some privacy changes, the precision touchpad was gone.
    The reverse scrolling option is gone. When I click on "open windows precision touchpad settings" from the razer synapse, it leads me to the mouse and touchpad settings but the precision touchpad stuff is not there!

Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone 47e2359e-7bce-49c3-a9a7-20296e27fe11.png

RoseHuang, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone

Can't use my precision touchpad

I updated my ASUS A46C to Windows 10. I had a precision touchpad before and now I can't use it. I looked up to the settings but there was no option for precision touchpad on my laptop. It's just disturbing because my old precision touchpad helped me a
    lot and felt more practical than now. Any suggestion or help?

Sevelyn Merlyna Wardani, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone

1. Replaced battery, precision touchpad gone - Similar Threads - Replaced battery precision

2. Precision touchpad deadzone issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision touchpad deadzone issue: I would like to reopen the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfdrivers/surface-book-trackpad-delay-lag-deadzone-issue/b7dd1872-589b-48af-8f47-c56e96fa0b86The issue still reproduces in 2021 and this is very annoying. Do you have any updates if...
  3. precision touchpad stopped working

precision touchpad stopped working: I have an HP Envy-ah0xxx laptop. OS build number is 19041.630. Yesterday everything was fine, today the touchpad's scrolling and other precision functions stopped working. Its basic function is still there. I've tried uninstalling the driver and have done all the steps that...
  4. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  5. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  6. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  7. Replace Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Battery: What is the battery specification needed to replace the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-battery/083a85e0-7b39-4d4e-9ae3-8ef5e264848c
  8. customize touchpad without precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    customize touchpad without precision touchpad: I'm used to certain gestures when it comes to using my touchpad. Most importantly: - two finger tap = ctrl+click (so opens link in new tab with 1 click) - three finger tap = right mouse click - two finger swipe left = page back I bought a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad L340...
  9. Precision touchpad not working

Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...