Windows 10: Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading

Discus and support Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Replaced dead hard disk w Toshib’s recommended, told BIOS to load windows 10 Creation Tool from usb, no go. Followed community help re partitions,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LFritzpaul, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading

Replaced dead hard disk w Toshib’s recommended, told BIOS to load windows 10 Creation Tool from usb, no go. Followed community help re partitions, volumes, to do clean install, NOW: “checking media fail”. What do I do now?

:)

LFritzpaul, Mar 4, 2020
  2. LarrieM Win User

Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Media creation tool

Good afternoon.

Please can someone help.

I've recently replaced my hard drive in my ASUS laptop after the hard drive failed and downloaded the windows media creation tool, but I can get it to boot from the usb, I keep getting error code 0xc0000225.

I've followed all steps to download correctly but still wont boot Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading :(

any help hugely appreciated!

Matt

HannahMawditt, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading

Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading

1. Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading - Similar Threads - Replaced dead hard

2. Media creation tool won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool won't load: Hey how are you I put my new pc together and I can't get it to boot the file it won't read the file no matter the mode I put it I tried to download it in 32 bit and fats but neither is working ND I just can't wrap my head around it I'm running a tomahawk b550 and a ryzen 7...
  3. Media creation tool won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool won't load: Hey how are you I put my new pc together and I can't get it to boot the file it won't read the file no matter the mode I put it I tried to download it in 32 bit and fats but neither is working ND I just can't wrap my head around it I'm running a tomahawk b550 and a ryzen 7...
  4. Media creation tool won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  6. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  7. Media creation tool for Win 10

8. Laptop super slow after replacing dead hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop super slow after replacing dead hard drive: So recently i replaced my hard drive after being dead for a year or so i own a acer aspire 3 that used to run decently fast what could be the problem i reinstalled windows 10 and did other stuff but with no success if i can get some answers and what i need to buy thanks...
  9. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...
  10. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458