Windows 10: replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot

Discus and support replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a cup of tea get spilled into my desktop and kill it yesterday. I replaced the motherboard b450 tomahawk with a b450 tomahawk max 2 and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kleehammera, Apr 10, 2021.

1. replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot

I had a cup of tea get spilled into my desktop and kill it yesterday. I replaced the motherboard b450 tomahawk with a b450 tomahawk max 2 and it's turning on fine internal LEDs and fans work.

When I plug it into a monitor and boot it, it says that it's preparing automatic repair below the arsenal gaming logo. It gives me the option to go to drivers, which works fine. After this it brings me to the windows 10 choose an option screen. Continue just brings me back to the same screen eventually. I've tried startup repair under advanced options under troubleshoot, but that's unsuccessful. I've tried going into safe mode, but to do so it says that I have to restart to access all of the startup settings, which I do via the button provided. Afterward, when I re-navigate to it I get the same message.

From what I can tell, I have the option to Reset this PC through the troubleshoot menu without losing my personal files, but that'll delete all of my programs and windows settings which I'm really trying to avoid. It would take about a week of reconfiguring/reinstalling, not to mention that I don't still have the keys for some of that software, which begins to add up really quick.

I get that windows wants to wipe all of that in the event that I'm seeing this screen as a result of a virus, but that's pretty clearly not the case. Furthermore, it's to my understanding that windows 10 generally just boots up like magic and this isn't an issue. As far as I can tell, my m.2 boot drive should still be good based on where that water damage was and that once the motherboard fries, there's no power going to the drive to fry it and so long as you dry it out, which i definitely did, it should be good.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I really don't want to go through the program reinstall and windows reconfigure if I don't have to.

:)

kleehammera, Apr 10, 2021

2. REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Hi Keith,

to keep license you need to replace motherboard by warranty. Sorry that are the license terms. If this will be warranty replacement please remember technician to do steps necessary for license keeping.

Igor Leyko, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Activate Windows after Motherboard replacement

Original Title [Motherboard Replacement]

My motherboards recently started only detecting 4 of the 8GB of RAM i have installed in my desktop and after plugging the RAM into another computer and it detecting it fine, the only conclusion i could come up with was that my motherboard has a dead Ram
    slot and was planing on replacing it. Will i have to reactivate/reinstall windows 10 once i plug my boot drive into the new motherboard and start up my system or will it transition seamlessly?

GeoffreyUnderwood, Apr 10, 2021
  4. replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot

1. replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot - Similar Threads - replaced dead motherboard

2. My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows: I had already had a very bad experience RMAing that same motherboard. I actually had to pay for a warranty repair? Than the problem persisted even after it was "fixed". I couldn't get any answers either via e-mails or phone calls.Shortly after reinstalling the board I smelled...
  3. My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows: I had already had a very bad experience RMAing that same motherboard. I actually had to pay for a warranty repair? Than the problem persisted even after it was "fixed". I couldn't get any answers either via e-mails or phone calls.Shortly after reinstalling the board I smelled...
  4. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  5. Bitlocker - Motherboard dead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker - Motherboard dead.: Hi, I would like to know how can I recover data from external SSD. Recently, my Dell laptop's dead due to motherboard burnout. My warranty has been rejected and they quoted me the price of motherboard which is more than buying a new laptop. Anyway... I decided to...
  6. Replaced motherboard but now I cannot activate Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replaced motherboard but now I cannot activate Windows10: I originally had upgraded from Windows 7 a few years back and I just replaced my motherboard, but Win10 will not activate now. I have a Windows Pro 10 N version and the guidance I received was to do a full clean install of my OS. I very much would prefer not to do that as I...
  7. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  8. Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall.

Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall.: I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that I bought about 4 years ago, when I bought the computer it came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and I did the free Window's 10 upgrade when it was offered. My motherboard recently died and I just replaced it with a new one. The new motherboard is...
  9. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...