Windows 10: Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall.

Discus and support Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that I bought about 4 years ago, when I bought the computer it came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and I did the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CrimsonKiller29, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that I bought about 4 years ago, when I bought the computer it came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and I did the free Window's 10 upgrade when it was offered. My motherboard recently died and I just replaced it with a new one. The new motherboard is the exact same model as the one that the PC came with, and after putting it in and getting the computer running it says it can't activate Window's 10 on this device at the moment and to try again later or purchase genuine Windows from the store. I have tried running the troubleshooter and it gives me the same thing.

Is there anyway to reactivate my Windows 10 or will I have to repurchase it? Thanks.

:)

CrimsonKiller29, Jan 31, 2019

2. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Jan 31, 2019
  3. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Jan 31, 2019
  4. HFroyen Win User

Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall.

Windows 10 activation after replacing dead motherboard

Hi all,

I'm having some issues activating my Windows 10 Professional after replacing my dead motherboard with a brand new (same chipset, same socket) motherboard.

I haven't linked my license to my Microsoft Account yet, since this was possible since the Anniversary Update.

If I try to enter my Windows 7 Professional OEM product key which I've found on a sticker on my desktop it tells me it won't work. (0x80041023)

Altough this Windows 7 Pro was installed on this system before I did the free Windows 10 upgrade.

My motherboard died last week so I replaced it, not upgraded it.

What should I do now?

EDIT: I contacted Microsoft Support Belgium and they told me I should reinstall Windows 7 Professional and they will send me a link to do a free upgrade to Windows 10. Offcourse I'm not about to do that because that would mean back-up all
    my data to an external drive, clean install Windows 7, do the upgrade to Windows 10, reinstall all my software and configure everything, copy back my data ...

I replaced my dead Gigabyte motherboard chipset H61 sockte 1155 with a ASrock motherboard chipset H61 socket 1155, definity not an upgrade, so I hope they'll call me back with a better solution.

EDIT2: I just red on a forum that since the Windows 10 November Update it's possible to use a Windows 7 key with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, hopefully it's also possible with a OEM key.

Than I can perform an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 10 without losing data, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Harm

HFroyen, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall.

1. Replaced Dead Motherboard now Windows 10 won't reinstall. - Similar Threads - Replaced Dead Motherboard

2. I replaced my motherboard and Windows is no longer installed and won't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I replaced my motherboard and Windows is no longer installed and won't reinstall: I needed to replace my motherboard because the pcie slot was broken. I replaced it and says that i need to activate windows but it won't work. Please help....
  3. I replaced my motherboard and Windows is no longer installed and won't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I replaced my motherboard and Windows is no longer installed and won't reinstall: I needed to replace my motherboard because the pcie slot was broken. I replaced it and says that i need to activate windows but it won't work. Please help....
  4. Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10: Hello! I've recently ran into an issue with my motherboard as it got shorted due to a stupid mistake on my part. The rest of my components apart from a hard drive are in working condition, so I wish to only replace the motherboard. I have Windows 10 installed on an SSD. My...
  5. Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10: Hello! I've recently ran into an issue with my motherboard as it got shorted due to a stupid mistake on my part. The rest of my components apart from a hard drive are in working condition, so I wish to only replace the motherboard. I have Windows 10 installed on an SSD. My...
  6. Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replaced dead motherboard and now i can't boot: I had a cup of tea get spilled into my desktop and kill it yesterday. I replaced the motherboard b450 tomahawk with a b450 tomahawk max 2 and it's turning on fine internal LEDs and fans work. When I plug it into a monitor and boot it, it says that it's preparing automatic...
  8. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  9. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...
  10. Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate

Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate: Had to get a new motherboard for my mom's HP Pavilion 110-023w tower because the pins on the socket LGA-1155 board were bent. Was trying to clean it up and apply new thermal grease on it after I had blown out the dust bunnies out early in the month last month. This board:...