Windows 10: Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off

Discus and support Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just replaced a broken digitizer on an HP 15-p030nr Beats Special Edition laptop. The display panel was not damaged and still works fine. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joshjahncke, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off

I just replaced a broken digitizer on an HP 15-p030nr Beats Special Edition laptop. The display panel was not damaged and still works fine. After installing the new digitizer I found that touches registered 4 or 5 inches higher on the screen that where I was actually touching. Touches on the top 4-5 inches of the screen do not register at all. This results in being unable to use the calibration tool. I tried a second digitizer, which came with a display cable and inverter board, it was not off by quite as much but still had the same issue. What is the most likely cause of this and is there any way you would recommend trying to correct it without purchasing more parts?

:)

joshjahncke, Jun 16, 2021

2. Touch screen on nokia 5233 doesn't work?

I dropped my phone in water, so touch screen didn't respond at all. I decided to buy new touch screen digitizer and replaced it but touch screen didn't work either.

any suggestion.

thanks

thanhthanh098, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Touch Screen Digitizer Glass and LCD display !!

why Microsoft do not provide touch screen digitizer alone for any mobile..?

Is there any technical reason ?

right now the thing is ... if only touch screen digitizer is damaged you have to pay for whole LCD display + touch screen digitizer.. and it is pretty big amount with reference to that mobile price..!

in simple word it is just like... if there is puncture in your car's wheel than you have to buy 4 wheel set to replace one..!! Is it acceptable?

MukundMakwana, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off

ASUS q504u replaced shorted motherboard now no touch screen

the video cable had failed, so needed replacing
    So in replacing it, I accidently shorted the MB
    I bought a replacement motherboard and it works again, except for now no touch screen

I dont understand, did ALL q504u type laptops all have the touch screen or just most or some of them?
    Looking at display manager it just says generic display monitor.

Is it a driver issue?
    Is it somehow the a non touch screen motherboard?
    Is it the digitizer cable?

This is my daughters and I really wanted to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into this, and device manager does not see the HID digitizer, so I think the digitizer cable and board are bad, will order one.
    The motherboard I put in is a q504uak, and it is a touch screen motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

What is interesting is they dont login to an ms account on this laptop afaik, they use a password. When i started up windows 10 home, the only message was their is a problem with your account, so I then logged in with their ms account which uses a different password.
    Then when I checked activation, it is activated fine.
    For an oem version. I had been thinking would have to call MS and haggle-explain-beg over the replacement motherboard.
    since it is the exact same motherboard design, maybe those motherboard serial numbers dont matter for activation on laptops.
    posting screen shot

Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off [​IMG]

sdowney717, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off

1. Replaced Digitizer and touch is way off - Similar Threads - Replaced Digitizer touch

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touch monitor as digital whiteboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch monitor as digital whiteboard: Basically title I'm looking to use my Motorola touch monitor as a digital Whiteboard I've looked into using Microsoft Whiteboard which is really useful because I use Teams often for work What I'm looking for is a way to use my touch monitor to actually write things out in...
  6. MY digitally activated digital license was replaced by activatin with your organistion...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MY digitally activated digital license was replaced by activatin with your organistion...: I recieved a digital lincence to windows 10 after upgrading from licenced window 7 and the digital license worked fine until a few weeks ago when I received a note that my license is about to expire. when I checked my activation page it said it is activated by your...
  7. Is there a way to replace this icon?

Is there a way to replace this icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SERISET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqilj1/is_there_a_way_to_replace_this_icon/
  8. Is there a way to turn this off

Is there a way to turn this off: [ATTACH] This is in the setting and it's kinda annoying because I never use this stuff beside Windows Update and I also use Edge but that Web browsing thing and Reward keeps appearing. Is there a way to turn it off?...
  9. Need a way to replace two gadgets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a way to replace two gadgets: Hi folks, in moving from Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro I will have to give up two beloved gadgets, All CPU Meter and Slideshow.exe. The CPU meter was a standard W7 gadget, so some of you may have seen it. I found the Slideshow.exe gadget on the web to replace the one I had used in...
  10. shut off this touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shut off this touch pad: I have a lenovo yoga 700 with windows 10, how do I shut off the touch pad when using a mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/shut-off-this-touch-pad/4d0a4488-a5c1-48e4-9471-fb36237a19bd