Windows 10: Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

Discus and support Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1 I had to replace my MOBO to comply with MS Windows 11 requirements and now I can't view it in an elevated command prompt window with the command:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rick_766, May 1, 2022.

1. Rick_766 Win User

Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

1 I had to replace my MOBO to comply with MS Windows 11 requirements and now I can't view it in an elevated command prompt window with the command: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. Why is that?2 I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows 11 Home so I bought a Global OEM product key. However, when I tried to use it to upgrade via the Activation setting I got a message that it wasn't a valid key, so, I contacted the site that sold me the key. They gave me a key to use that they said would upgrade my PC but, I would have to use the key I purchased from the

:)

Rick_766, May 1, 2022

2. Elevated Command prompt option replaced by Powershell

Hi All,

I am aware that, we have an option to revert to command prompt by using this option from the settings>Taskbar>

Replace Command Prompt with Windows Poweshell in the menu when i right click the start button

My question is different, when we try to open an elevated command prompt in some windows explorer - it still shows the powershell option only.

I will attach a screenshot of it. Kindly advice and guide step by step how to change the same to command prompt.

P.s : I have already changed the powershell option to command prompt in the Win+X menu - Did not helped

Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt 71b4ee99-41ba-423b-8012-2b0e252b1420.png

Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt 77a41170-f02f-4026-995d-e1bc57c1402f.png

--

Thanks in advance.

Harish T

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Harish Thiru, May 1, 2022
  3. _Nauip Win User
    The idiocy of the elevated command prompt

Things I can't do at an "unelevated" command prompt:

chkdsk

ipconfig (flushdns or release & renew)

Things I CAN do without an "elevated" command prompt. Even on a server:

"shutdown -f -t 1"

diskpart

This is not a complete list, just an off the top of my head. It seems like if a command could help fix something easily it's locked down. If a command could potentially cause mayhem and destruction it's wide open.

Discuss...

_Nauip, May 1, 2022
  4. Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

Elevated Command Prompt

Hi Tommy,

A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface.
    You may open an elevated Command Prompt by following the steps below.

1. Open the Start menu, and type cmd to open the search box.

2. When Command Prompt shows up in the search results, right click or press and hold on it, then click/tap on
    Run as administrator.

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, May 1, 2022
Thema:

Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

1. Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt - Similar Threads - Replaced MOBO can't

2. Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt: 1 I had to replace my MOBO to comply with MS Windows 11 requirements and now I can't view it in an elevated command prompt window with the command: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. Why is that?2 I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows...
  3. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  4. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  5. Access Denied in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied in elevated command prompt: Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive and the entirety of its contents have my only machine's user account also the administrator set as the owner, as does...
  6. Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?: Is there a rule of thumb to know which of the referenced you would use when entering a particular command or file name? Mark 112722
  7. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt: Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh I am now trying to put in the LENOVO...
  8. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  9. Make Elevated Command Prompt open to %userprofile%

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Elevated Command Prompt open to %userprofile%: I have the Command Prompt icon on my Taskbar as I use it a lot. It's set to always run as Administrator, so when I launch it, the Command Prompt window opens to C:\Windows\system32. I want it to open to %userprofile% which is C:\Users\myaccountname. Has anyone found a...
  10. Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on...