Windows 10: Replaced Motherboard and Processor and now my windows is not Active

Discus and support Replaced Motherboard and Processor and now my windows is not Active in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today i replaced my motherboard and processor. I rebooted my PC and everything seems to work fine except i received a notification that my windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joel Stanley-Smith, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Replaced Motherboard and Processor and now my windows is not Active

Today i replaced my motherboard and processor. I rebooted my PC and everything seems to work fine except i received a notification that my windows is not active. About a year ago i had bought a windows product key from a retail store and entered the product key and upgraded. I no longer have this key.

When i go to the Activation tab under settings here is what i see:

Windows

Edition - Windows 10 Home

Activation - Windows is not activated

Product ID - 00326-10000-00000-AA147

Product Key - XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-8HVX7

"We Can't activate windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows."

Error code: 0xC004F025

So i ran the troubleshoot option and it said "We weren't able to activate windows on this device"

Okay so it knows the last 5 digits to my original product key that i put in? And it's implying i have a non-genuine version of windows. Frustrated as i don't want to spend the money again on windows. How come my computer doesn't keep the product key from when i originally typed it in? What harm would come from my computer remembering the key i had paid for? Anyways sorry i'm frustrated and do not want to pay for ANOTHER windows key. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Joel Stanley-Smith, Sep 29, 2019

2. Lost activation status after replacing motherboard and processor in Windows 10

I had upgraded my pc from win7 to windows 10, and sure it was activated oem version....but now I have had a change in hardware configuration... I had to replace my motherboard and processor....but now after login it says that my version of windows is not
    activated,..

plz solve this issue

Asim_Mohammed, Sep 29, 2019
  3. TraceyVdV Win User
    Windows 10 Re-activation after motherboard replacement

I was running Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 during the free period. I did replace my motherboard with the same brand and type so I should qualify for a free activation on the new motherboard. The motherboard that was removed looks identical to the
    one replaced. It even used the same processor. Only thing that that was increased was the memory. I went from 6GB to 16GB.

TraceyVdV, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Replaced Motherboard and Processor and now my windows is not Active

Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Replaced Motherboard and Processor and now my windows is not Active

1. Replaced Motherboard and Processor and now my windows is not Active - Similar Threads - Replaced Motherboard Processor

2. I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.: Is there a way I can reactivate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-pc-motherboard-and-processor-and-now/b68ef459-b850-4525-9683-ee96defefd90
  3. I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.: Is there a way I can reactivate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-pc-motherboard-and-processor-and-now/b68ef459-b850-4525-9683-ee96defefd90
  4. I upgraded my PC Motherboard and processor and now my windows is reporting not activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 unable to activate after replace motherboard, processor and ram

Windows 10 unable to activate after replace motherboard, processor and ram: Hi Microsoft,My old processor malfunctioned few days back and got replacement consider upgraded due to part availability. But I cant activate the Windows 10.My Windows 10 was free upgrade from, Windows 7 many years ago. I have my Windows 7 key....
  6. Replaced motherboard but now I cannot activate Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replaced motherboard but now I cannot activate Windows10: I originally had upgraded from Windows 7 a few years back and I just replaced my motherboard, but Win10 will not activate now. I have a Windows Pro 10 N version and the guidance I received was to do a full clean install of my OS. I very much would prefer not to do that as I...
  7. replacing my motherboard and processor

replacing my motherboard and processor: Will the system reconcile my legal windows pro with the new equipment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-my-motherboard-and-processor/06d2afd6-6950-4fb8-b147-5d4c3d945b4b
  8. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  9. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...
  10. BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor: Three months ago I replaced the motherboard and processor on my computerFor the 2 months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day, lately more often), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple programs/windows open, but has also occurred a couple...