Windows 10: Replaced One of my users with Desktop.

Discus and support Replaced One of my users with Desktop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was originally trying to change my user to another drive because I wanted it on my D drive instead of C and I somehow replaced my user with desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SmackOff, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SmackOff Win User

Replaced One of my users with Desktop.

I was originally trying to change my user to another drive because I wanted it on my D drive instead of C and I somehow replaced my user with desktop but it is still inside the user folder. I am also having issues with my windows key not doing what it is supposed to do now with it saying that I don't have it activated and the watermark appears after an hour of use. I don't know if this is happened because of the previous issue. I also just built the PC so I am willing to make a new user account and transfer my game downloads to it if need be but I don't know if the windows key transfers between accounts.

:)

SmackOff, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 25, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Replaced One of my users with Desktop. - Similar Threads - Replaced users Desktop

2. i put my desktop folder on my users one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  3. i put my desktop folder on my users one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  4. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  5. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  6. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...: [ATTACH] Once, I was trying to change the path of my desktop folder, and because of foolishness ... I typed in the new path of the desktop as: C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy It had to be: C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy\Desktop and that path will replace the desktop path folder with...
  8. Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.: [IMG] The top bar replaces my desktop icons, and I can drag it around. If I double click, the bar disappears and my desktop shortcuts are restored. The bottom bar never goes away and isn't draggable. Right clicking on either of them is like right clicking on the desktop....
  9. Multiple Users One Desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Users One Desktop?: Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe ;) Mehrere Benutzer Ein Desktop?
  10. Replace the previous User account with a different one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Replace the previous User account with a different one: My daughter bought a Windows 8 Acer Laptop two or three years ago and did the prompted Windows 10 upgrade. She recently bought a new computer and gave me her old one. I can log in to her account which is tied to her Microsoft account, but I would much rather establish myself...