Windows 10: Replaced screen for laptop, now colors are all washed out

Discus and support Replaced screen for laptop, now colors are all washed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got an ASUS Q5O2LA that I had to replace a screen for. Bought the screen from a 3rd party vendor and figured I could save myself a couple hundred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wombo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Wombo Win User

Replaced screen for laptop, now colors are all washed out

I've got an ASUS Q5O2LA that I had to replace a screen for. Bought the screen from a 3rd party vendor and figured I could save myself a couple hundred dollars.

Good news: screen is no longer broken and works.

Bad news: the colors are all washed out and aren't saturated. At least I think it isn't.

I'm unsure if it's because of the screen quality itself or I need to do some heavy duty color adjustments. The whites and grays (mostly grays) are blue-ish and the blacks look faded.

Would someone be able to walk me through or point me in the direction of calibrating color through Windows 10 AS WELL AS my Intel HD graphics card? Apparently there's two ways to adjust color, but I don't know where to begin.

:)

Wombo, Sep 16, 2016
  2. jpurchon2 Win User

Cannot customize colors in windows 10 and bad update setting.

Can't figure out for the life of me why Microsoft would deliberately downgrade an operating system and compatible applications to remove color customization and replace with washed out greys and whites that provide poor contrast and eye-straining bright
    white. For god's sake please tell me how to get color back into the programs I have to use every day. And I am not just talking about washed out dark grey or black - I mean soothing colors that relieve eye strain caused by looking at a bright screen all
    day. I wish I could meet the genius who decided that one.

jpurchon2, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Display colors washed out

Others have asked this question, but no one has answered it correctly. When viewing photos on my laptop they are washed out. The photos were originally taken on my phone and the colors are vivid and beautiful. There must be some way of adjusting how colors
    look on the display, similar to how you can adjust the brightness. I don't want to change the windows colors, I want to correct the way all colors appear on my screen. I have a HP15-bs070wm laptop.

MichelleStruck, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

You could check that the cables are pushed in fully.

Bastet, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Replaced screen for laptop, now colors are all washed out - Similar Threads - Replaced screen laptop

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. screen colors are washed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen colors are washed: hello, I bought a new laptop with an shared amd card and ryzen 3 with an ips antiglare 300nits panel. So, the colors at screen are sucks.. they are washed , they are warmer, they are very very different from the normal.. why it happens this? I read that is a windows update...
  5. Laptops screen color washed away.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptops screen color washed away.: I had to update my laptops 1650ti drivera today and when it was updating it just gave me blue screen it didnt finish and when iy re started from the blue screen i couldnt open gforce expirience to install drivers cuz of error 0x0003 then i had to do it manually and when it...
  6. Screen went black and now washed out colors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen went black and now washed out colors.: I've tried everything i've seen so far, the color calibration, checking settings, everything. I was in a call when the screen went black and after a few seconds came back, when it came out the colors were very washed out. What should i do, please help!...
  7. New HP laptop - colors are washed out

New HP laptop - colors are washed out: I just bought a new HP laptop and I am ver disappointed with the washed out look of the colors on the screen. Very faded blues on most screens. I did the usual checks on screen brightness, etc. I was in online chat with HP support yesterday for nearly two hours but it was...
  8. Washed out color issue at full screen

Washed out color issue at full screen: Recently, I purchased laptop that has i5-10210U and MX250 graphics. When video which is sample video from windows setting for HDR or from Intel graphics software is playing at full screen, it turns like gray color or washed out, but this problem can be disappeared...
  9. Washed out Taskbar Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out Taskbar Color: I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I noticed my Taskbar was no longer anywhere near the color it had been - a slightly-lighter shade of my dark green background...
  10. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...