Windows 10: Replacement battery for discontinued laptop

Discus and support Replacement battery for discontinued laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I have a Clevo-based laptop I bought from IBuyPower about four years ago. It's a discontinued model and they tell me they have no way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trog69, Apr 11, 2019.

1. trog69 Win User

Replacement battery for discontinued laptop

Good afternoon. I have a Clevo-based laptop I bought from IBuyPower about four years ago. It's a discontinued model and they tell me they have no way to get a replacement. Is there nothing I can do? Could I try another battery made for a gaming laptop that might work?

EDIT: Wow. Time flies. I bought that laptop in 2012! Still worth buying the battery 'cause it'll still run Skyrim at full-HD and Ultra settings.

:)

trog69, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Juntao Win User

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Replacement battery for discontinued laptop

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Replacement battery for discontinued laptop

1. Replacement battery for discontinued laptop - Similar Threads - Replacement battery discontinued

2. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.: I have an MSI laptop running windows 10 I was having issues with the battery so i replaced the battery by myself. It worked fine for a day and then when I came home and put it to charge , it shut down when it went off the adapter. I can still see the battery percentage to be...
  3. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.: I have an MSI laptop running windows 10 I was having issues with the battery so i replaced the battery by myself. It worked fine for a day and then when I came home and put it to charge , it shut down when it went off the adapter. I can still see the battery percentage to be...
  4. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Replacement: Excuse me . I have a question about a laptop battery.I want to buy a new battery for my laptop but I don't know what type of battery should I getMy laptop is HP core i3 6th gen 8gb ram...
  6. Replacement battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replacement battery: I am having trouble finding a replacement battery for my Pavilion DV5 laptop? I ordered one on Amazon but it is already telling me to replace! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacement-battery/e8388818-2769-46ca-91d8-9ae7c8bce1c8
  7. Random laptop shutdowns after a battery replacement.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random laptop shutdowns after a battery replacement.: hi, i have got a 3 year old Acer Aspire E 15 laptop running the latest version of windows 08/06/2020 - 15:36 GMT. i had anAS16B5J battery which came with the laptop running at 11.1 V and 5300mAh / 58.8 Wh capacity, it worked fine for 3 years but needed replacing. i bought...
  8. Replace Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Battery: What is the battery specification needed to replace the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-battery/083a85e0-7b39-4d4e-9ae3-8ef5e264848c
  9. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  10. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...