Windows 10: Replacing 1333mhz RAM with 1600mhz

Discus and support Replacing 1333mhz RAM with 1600mhz in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If the motherboard only supports 1333, why would you buy and install 1600 ? According to the above specs it supports 8GB of 1333. Because sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by slicendice, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Replacing 1333mhz RAM with 1600mhz

Because sometimes 1600MHz RAM with lower latencies running at 1333MHz, than default 1333MHz modules, can be both easier to find and cheaper.

There is even a slight possibility that the board can be crammed with 16GB (2x8GB) of RAM. The chipset supports it and depending on which CPU it came with, that could also support 16GB. But this is highly speculative and should be tested only if your are willing to risk it.

I know for a fact that my Asus U46SV can run 16GB (2x8GB) of RAM, though manufacturer specs states that only 8GB is supported. This is just because there existed no 8GB modules on the market when the product got released.

Just a few thoughts to think about... *Smile

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
  2. wjdaniel Win User

The computer is a Dell Optiplex 390. Any known issues in upgrading RAM from 1333mhz to 1600mhz other than the new memory will run at 1333mhz?

:)

wjdaniel, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Memory Management Error Windows 10

Your ram is working at 1333Mhz 'cause you don't have manually selected the correct voltatge that allows it to work at 1600Mhz...

StylgarFremen, Apr 11, 2018
  4. Replacing 1333mhz RAM with 1600mhz

Windows 10 Computer does not fully wake up, intermittently, locks up.

I finally solved it.

Bios on my system had somehow pulled the ram settings to a lower setting than they should be. Was at 1.5V and 1333Mhz,and the stickynote on the ram says "1600Mhz 1.6V"

After i changed it, all problems disapeared!

Jonathan Ed, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Hi wjdaniel. Welcome to to TenForums @wjdaniel

As long as it is the same type of memory and in particular the voltage you should not have any issues. The board will have a specific max memory. Pushing above it can (maybe) cause issues.

One place to check is Crucial. You can enter your machine specifics and it will show you upgrade options.

Crucial US | DRAM, Solid State Drive (SSD) & Memory Upgrades

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  6. wjdaniel Win User
    Thanks, Ken. Very helpful.

wjdaniel, Apr 12, 2018
  7. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

Replacing 1333mhz RAM with 1600mhz

1. Replacing 1333mhz RAM with 1600mhz - Similar Threads - Replacing 1333mhz RAM

2. Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM: Hi all, just up to my head for several months of BSODs, had posted previously and was hinted towards a hardware problem memory issue I went ahead and just replaced my RAM and still had a couple BSODs.Here are the minidumps post-RAM installation:...
  3. Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM: Hi all, just up to my head for several months of BSODs, had posted previously and was hinted towards a hardware problem memory issue I went ahead and just replaced my RAM and still had a couple BSODs.Here are the minidumps post-RAM installation:...
  4. Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RAM replacement?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM replacement?: So I've been getting bsods when I play this game called "Valorant" Only when I play Valorant. The error code is always the same "Memory Management". I tried uninstalling the game for a couple of days to see if it fixes the problem, but it didn't, it started getting bad that...
  6. BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help: Hi All, Lately I have been getting a bluescreen errors on my PC - Unexpected kernel mode trap. It mostly happens while launching games / gaming. (FFXIV, League of legends, overwatch, etc) I've tried different games and still get the same issue. My precious PC specs are...
  7. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...
  8. Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts: Hi guys, After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips and bingo! My PC booted up instantly without any hitches. Since I'm now only left with 4 GB and the PC is running a tad...
  9. Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts: Hi guys, After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips and bingo! My PC booted up instantly without any hitches. Since I'm now only left with 4 GB and the PC is running a tad...
  10. New 1600MHz RAM runs at 800MHz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New 1600MHz RAM runs at 800MHz: I replaced my old 800MHz 2x4GB RAM with 2 new 8GB RAM modules that work at 1600MHz. My motherboard supports these higher speeds and the BIOS also indicated 1600MHz as the supported speed. However, when logged in, Windows shows the memory working at 800MHz. I attach the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change 1333mhz ram to 1600mhz