Windows 10: Replacing a crook Win 10

Discus and support Replacing a crook Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Win10 is playing up so much I think it's beyond repair. Perhaps the only fix is to start over, with a new SSD and install.. A new drive will let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James1093, Oct 16, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Replacing a crook Win 10

Hi,
    My Win10 is playing up so much I think it's beyond repair. Perhaps the only fix is to start over, with a new SSD and install..
    A new drive will let me swap the old one into another motherboard (I bought two the same a year or so back) and keep the broken system as (hopefully) a source to find my programs again to move to the new one.
    But - I don't have a Win10, only Win7 which I upgraded from. I've been told you can just download another Win10. But it doesn't seem correct that it's just "given away". What is the solution here ?
    Thanks.

:)

James1093, Oct 16, 2020

2. new 6210 - slider is crooked

the wobbly slider is a 'normal' thing relatively but often seen on sliders made by Nokia, it's annoying but nothing much else. now the crooked part, i would definitely go back and request a replacement. ask them to show you few phones if possible and do
    not walk out of there until you are satisfied. now it might still be wobbly but crooked is not right.

radical24---01, Oct 16, 2020
  3. new 6210 - slider is crooked

Their will be some play within the slider but i wouldn't have thought it should be "crooked".

I get the feeling this is annoying you and rightly so.

Go back to the retailer and insist on a replacement.

bandofbrothers---01, Oct 16, 2020
  4. oherb40 Win User

Replacing a crook Win 10

How to delete & replace contacts in Win 10

Accomplishments

• Insider

I sent email to a friend who recently changed his email address; hence I received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure) " message from the Postmaster. I have been unable to delete and/or replace my contact using the programs available in Win 10:

(1) Outlook.com simply reverts to the old (incorrect) address unless I cut & paste the correct address over the latter.

(2) Ditto the Win 10 Mail app.

(3) Office Outlook 2016 no longer has a Contacts section which allows you to delete or replace a contact; hence to only option is cut & paste

la (1) & (2).

Luckily I still have an old version of Outlook and Win 8.1 on another PC; so I was able to make the correction which has now spread to all devices on my network. Can anyone suggest a method which might work on a 100% Win 10 network?

• Insider

Accomplishments

• Insider

I sent email to a friend who recently changed his email address; hence I received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure) " message from the Postmaster. I have been unable to delete and/or replace my contact using the programs available in Win 10:

(1) Outlook.com simply reverts to the old (incorrect) address unless I cut & paste the correct address over the latter.

(2) Ditto the Win 10 Mail app.

(3) Office Outlook 2016 no longer has a Contacts section which allows you to delete or replace a contact; hence to only option is cut & paste

la (1) & (2).

Luckily I still have an old version of Outlook and Win 8.1 on another PC; so I was able to make the correction which has now spread to all devices on my network. Can anyone suggest a method which might work on a 100% Win 10 network?

oherb40, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Replacing a crook Win 10

1. Replacing a crook Win 10 - Similar Threads - Replacing crook

2. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  3. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  4. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  6. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  7. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  8. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  9. My computer is wiped after NX100S was replaced with a new one

My computer is wiped after NX100S was replaced with a new one: Hi. So i had my PC in for repairs and they replaced my NX100S with a new one, however now that i have it back everything is gone. When i switch in my PC I'm welcomed as a guest. My profile password wallpaper everything is gone. I need help I'm over the top angry * Changed to...
  10. Replacing a crook Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a crook Win 10: Hi, My Win10 is playing up so much I think it's beyond repair. Perhaps the only fix is to start over, with a new SSD and install.. A new drive will let me swap the old one into another motherboard (I bought two the same a year or so back) and keep the broken system as...