Windows 10: replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD

Discus and support replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a new Lenovo laptop with windows 10 pro installed which I have personalized and been using over the last month. However, I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KyleKaurin, Dec 14, 2020.

1. replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD

I have a new Lenovo laptop with windows 10 pro installed which I have personalized and been using over the last month. However, I need to trade/replace this computer for almost the same exact laptop different screen resolution, different cpu, however the HDD has windows 10 home on it.

I would rather not take the time to reinstall and set up all my programs again!. I would like to just take the hard drives and switch them. But since the new laptop will come with windows 10 home associated with it, I'm assuming there will be problems if I try to replace the hdd with my windows 10 pro hdd.

Would I just be able to upgrade the new pc to 10 pro, and then switch the HDD's?

Thanks,

Kyle

:)

KyleKaurin, Dec 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 HDD issues.

My Seagate 500GB works so quietly and so smoothly on Windows 10 . I didnt choose it , it was in my laptop

It is a USB 3.0 external hdd of Samsung , isnt it ?

little cat, Dec 14, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    HDD dying after windows 10 upgrade?

I have checked the HDD health with command prompt in windows 10 with wmic and the status was "ok".

I'm not sure what you mean with Microsoft Login, but in windows it said windows 10 was activated.

Ok I guess I have to take the HDD out and test it on another computer.

P4-630, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD

1. replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD - Similar Threads - replacing home HDD

2. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  3. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  4. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I want to be able to remove windows 10 hdd and replace with windows 10 hdd instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to be able to remove windows 10 hdd and replace with windows 10 hdd instead of...: Len AllenI have recently acquired an ASUS laptop with windows 10 Home because the mother board on my previous ASUS laptop died with a dead mother board. I want to be able to remove the windows 10 HDD and replace it with a windows 7 HDD because neither drive is big enough to...
  6. How to replace HDD with SSD on Windows 10 Home

How to replace HDD with SSD on Windows 10 Home: This is a HP laptop, Model 17z with Windows 10 Home edition. It has a 1 TB HDD which is a 2.5 inch SATA drive, model: WDC WD10JPVX-60JC3T0 I plan to replace with same size 1 TB SATA SSD I also have a "USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Cable w/UASP" which has a USB 3.0 A on one...
  7. How to replace HDD with SSD on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    How to replace HDD with SSD on Windows 10 Home: This is a HP laptop, Model 17z with Windows 10 Home edition. It has a 1 TB HDD which is a 2.5 inch SATA drive, model: WDC WD10JPVX-60JC3T0 I plan to replace with same size 1 TB SATA SSD I also have a "USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Cable w/UASP" which has a USB 3.0 A on one...
  8. Problem Activating Windows 10 Home because Pro is installed on replacement HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem Activating Windows 10 Home because Pro is installed on replacement HDD: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo G50-30 which originally had Windows 8.1 installed and was upgraded as soon as Windows 10 became available to Windows 10 Home. This is the OS associated with the motherboard. I recently purchased a replacement HDD from eBay as my existing one...
  9. Replacing HDD with SSD Windows 10 license

Replacing HDD with SSD Windows 10 license: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 on it. I would like to replace the HDD with an SSD with a clean install, rather than clone the HDD. Will I lose my Windows 10 license or will I be able to install Windows 10 and activate the copy? Thank you....
  10. windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced: Hello The HDD in my laptop has failed and I want to replace it. How do I get my current version of Win 10 up and running on it? make a windows start up disc ? - I have taken note of my win 10 key, once a new OS is installed can I just activate it with the same key...