Windows 10: Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive

Discus and support Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi was wondering if it would be possible to take for example winload.exe from a fresh system and replace the corrupted one with it Or just the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cursed_guy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive

Hi was wondering if it would be possible to take for example winload.exe from a fresh system and replace the corrupted one with it Or just the whole windows folder Would that be possible?

submitted by /u/cursed_guy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cursed_guy, Feb 17, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Replace corrupt system file

My system: Windows 10 pro Build 14393

I had a problem with a missing login input field.

I followed the suggestions in support.microsoft.com:

"Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files"

1. Open elevated prompt

2. Issue the command "sfc /scannow" command

3. It reported 1 corrupt file: C:\windows\system32\Bubbles.scr

So I wanted to manually replace the corrupted file.

1. In an elevated command prompt, I issued the command

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\Bubbles.scr

with success.

2. But the next command failed:

icacls C:\windows\system32\Bubbles.scr /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F

ADMINISTRATORS: Zuordnungen von Kontennamen und Sicherheitskennungen wurden nicht durchgeführt.

0 Dateien erfolgreich verarbeitet, bei 1 Dateien ist ein Verarbeitungsfehler aufgetreten.

I guessed that the file ist probably locked.

So I booted from my repair DVD

and selected "Command Prompt"

In the command prompt, I wanted to replace the corrupted file.

However, drive C: was not mounted!?!

Then I booted with a Linux-DVD

and tried to mount the CReplacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive :partition.

Error: "Cannot be mounted because in hibernate mode".

What else can I try?

Please help!

AlfredSpalt, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive

Windows corrupt file Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive :p

That above, especially the latter/2nd system of 6 steps, SHOULD work!

*Smile Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive :)

* Good luck, let us know how it goes...

APK

Alec§taar, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive

1. Replacing an corrupted but important system file with one from another harddrive - Similar Threads - Replacing corrupted important

2. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  3. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  4. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  6. File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  7. Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.: Hello, I am building a new PC currently. The only component I didn't purchase was a new harddrive. Is it possible to transfer my current one 1TB SSD, w/ Windows 10 installed to the new computer without any hiccups? Thanks in advance!...
  8. Replace corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace corrupted files: Hi, i have windows 10 1709. When i run sfc command it found some corrupted files but was unable to repair them. I am also not able to replace corrupted files. Please help!...
  9. Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system: Brink, this one is another issue that you may already have a solution for on hand. I "Think" I have done it like this before in windows? XP? Not recently for sure. This will be for Windows 10 X64. I need a way to export a specific printer profile such that it can be...
  10. Moving harddrive from one laptop to another and can't activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving harddrive from one laptop to another and can't activate: I have 2 laptops. Both with 10 pro on them and both activated. One is dying and has an ssd. the other is a spinning drive. I took the ssd out of the bad one (both HP's) and put it in the good one, but now windows is no longer activated. Error code is 0xC004F034. 107397