Windows 10: Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

Discus and support Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , so my old pc's hard drive had a corrupted os and is stuck in automatic repair loop , tried every single fix but i couldn't repair it , so infact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanRafael1, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

Hi , so my old pc's hard drive had a corrupted os and is stuck in automatic repair loop , tried every single fix but i couldn't repair it , so infact my hard drive is over could be a virus that got in it or my pc being unplugged incorrectly because it froze and the mouse is moving slow and i cant click anything

Im thinking of buying a new one my previous is 80gb only and i found a seller who is selling a 500gb sata with a pre installed os

Is it possible to just replace an old broken sata hard drive with my previous os in it with a new sata with a new os in it? Would i run into any errors?

:)

IanRafael1, Jun 13, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Replacing an old laptop's hard drive

The current HDD is a Western Digital 2.5" 750GB SATA III internal hard drive, 7200 rpm 16MB cache. You're saying though that I can just buy a compatible replacement drive, boot it with the original Win7 recovery disk, and then re-upgrade it to
    Win10 with no issues? Or did I misunderstand you.

swoodward3799, Jun 14, 2020
  4. GlynParry Win User

Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

1. Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre... - Similar Threads - Replacing old internal

2. Getting new hard drive replaced.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting new hard drive replaced.: Something bad happened to my laptop, and I took it to a local engineer, he told me that hard drive needs to be replaced with a new one. My laptop had windows 8 pre installed when I bought it, and I had upgraded it to windows 10 using the official way, thus it had activated...
  3. Hard drive replace

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive replace: I had a corrupt Hard drive and sent my laptop off to be fixed. They have replace the failed hard drive and update the operating system. I have now lost everything, photos, documents etc. not that great with tech through some research I'm guessing everything was saved on my...
  4. corrupted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted hard drive: I was told I had a corrupted hard drive and so I bought an ssd drive to replace it. now I cant get windows to down load or to read anything on the pc. It says that I have 2 hard drives both new WD2t. and a Samsung 256gb ssd. but will not let me load windows onto either of...
  5. Corrupted Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Hard Drive: How do you reformat a corrected hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-hard-drive/b4812ab5-d725-4cac-9aaf-8a1b884873f8
  6. Replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing hard drive: Hey guys! So recently my hard drive crashed and I can not get into my computer. My question is if I get a new hard drive, looking at a portable option for 50 bucks, how do I install Windows 10 on this new drive. I have never done this before and all help is appreciated!...
  7. Internal Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  8. Hard Drive Corruption.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Corruption.: Hi everyone, my machine improper shut downs, many times and hard closing programs. I was looking for solutions and I found out one by check disk. Can you tell me how can I do that? Thanks...
  9. Hard drive replacement

Hard drive replacement: Hello everyone, I am shopping for a new PC from HP. I am thinking ahead of time so that I can be ready for when this happens. I know that over time hard drives begin to slow down and then eventually stop working. So in the future, what will happen when I replace the hard...
  10. New hard drive OS

New hard drive OS: I just installed a new hard drive that supposedly has Windows 10 Pro already activated on it. When I turn the computer on I get a message saying it is not bootable and to insert an OS CD. If I install new Windows 10 drivers, should the preloaded Windows work, or will I need...