Windows 10: Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

Discus and support Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , so my old pc's hard drive had a corrupted os and is stuck in automatic repair loop , tried every single fix but i couldn't repair it , so infact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanRafael1, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

Hi , so my old pc's hard drive had a corrupted os and is stuck in automatic repair loop , tried every single fix but i couldn't repair it , so infact my hard drive is over could be a virus that got in it or my pc being unplugged incorrectly because it froze and the mouse is moving slow and i cant click anything

Im thinking of buying a new one my previous is 80gb only and i found a seller who is selling a 500gb sata with a pre installed os

Is it possible to just replace an old broken sata hard drive with my previous os in it with a new sata with a new os in it? Would i run into any errors?

:)

IanRafael1, Jun 13, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Replacing an old laptop's hard drive

The current HDD is a Western Digital 2.5" 750GB SATA III internal hard drive, 7200 rpm 16MB cache. You're saying though that I can just buy a compatible replacement drive, boot it with the original Win7 recovery disk, and then re-upgrade it to
    Win10 with no issues? Or did I misunderstand you.

swoodward3799, Jun 14, 2020
  4. GlynParry Win User

Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre...

1. Replacing an old internal hard drive with corrupt os , with a new sata hard drive with pre... - Similar Threads - Replacing old internal

2. Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS: Say if I had a hard drive that had issues booting OS. Specifically not booting windows or being detected as installed and command prompt remedies were of no help.So instead I decide to do it my way by getting a new hard drive, unplugging the old non-booting one, and plugging...
  3. Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS: Say if I had a hard drive that had issues booting OS. Specifically not booting windows or being detected as installed and command prompt remedies were of no help.So instead I decide to do it my way by getting a new hard drive, unplugging the old non-booting one, and plugging...
  4. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  5. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  6. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  8. SATA hard drive

SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  9. Internal Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  10. New hard drive OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New hard drive OS: I just installed a new hard drive that supposedly has Windows 10 Pro already activated on it. When I turn the computer on I get a message saying it is not bootable and to insert an OS CD. If I install new Windows 10 drivers, should the preloaded Windows work, or will I need...