Windows 10: Replacing bad Win 10 with new Win 10

Discus and support Replacing bad Win 10 with new Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Desktop PC has bad Win 10 (cannot update). Have purchased new Win 10 disc. Do I need to uninstall old Win 10 before installing new Win 10? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryHards, Sep 12, 2019.

1. MaryHards Win User

Replacing bad Win 10 with new Win 10

Desktop PC has bad Win 10 (cannot update). Have purchased new Win 10 disc. Do I need to uninstall old Win 10 before installing new Win 10? Thanks.

:)

MaryHards, Sep 12, 2019

2. Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Sep 12, 2019
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Replacing bad Win 10 with new Win 10

Win 10 boots...

I have even on an old dell laptop from windows xp era: Windows 10 adventures

remixedcat, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Replacing bad Win 10 with new Win 10

1. Replacing bad Win 10 with new Win 10 - Similar Threads - Replacing bad

2. GTA San Andreas Crash When Adding Weapons No Replace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA San Andreas Crash When Adding Weapons No Replace: When I Try To Add Weapons Without Replacing The Game Crashes And I Really Want Those Mods Here Are The Mods I Tried To Install https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/132931-gta-xtended-weapon-pack/...
  3. Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...: Hi there! I used to buy those pre-made PC/laptop that always automatically had a Windows license tied/installed on it. Now I'm thinking of building a customized PC so I'll have to buy a seperate copy of Windows 10 myself. But I have a question about a 1 PC license...
  4. Replace wireless mouse in keyboard / mouse set with a new one - possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace wireless mouse in keyboard / mouse set with a new one - possible?: I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 and Wireless Mouse 2000 that came as a set. They share a single USB receiver dongle. The mouse is now broken (the rubber grip on the scroll wheel has disintegrated, resulting in bits of rubber in the mouse itself, and unusable for...
  5. Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.

Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.: A few days ago I attempted to perform the cu update from 1903 xxxxx.418 to 1909 using the files and procedure from uudump. Downloading and creating the ISO all went well. Mounted the ISO on my SSD and initiated the upgrade. It was proceeding as it should. At some point my pc...
  6. Windows replacement disk needed

Windows replacement disk needed: Windows replacement disk needed to fix boot problem. I have the license number in my pc. I took a photo of info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-replacement-disk-needed/4dbb8905-b49f-433f-b76d-106a374381a2"
  7. How to replace bad Dllhost.exe with a clean copy?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to replace bad Dllhost.exe with a clean copy?: I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop PC with minimal programs. So when I started having 100% CPU usage I was suspicious. I run a word processor and Firefox. That really doesn't deserve 100% CPU usage. So Task Manager told me that COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) was the culprit. I...
  8. Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?: Hello, recently my computer got the latest Windows 10 update, it was a feature update. I updated it (keep in mind before I updated it, it worked fine. Screen wasn't lagging and games ran fine) After it finished updating, I restarted the computer. The screen is laggy, and...
  9. The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters

in Windows 10 News
    The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you run the built-in Disk Checker Utility on your Windows computer, ChkDsk throw up an error message while looking for bad clusters – A disk read error occurred, The disk does not have enough space to replace bad [...] This post The disk does not...
  10. Replacing a bad SSD and Windows 10 activation

Replacing a bad SSD and Windows 10 activation: So I've had a problem with random blue screens and narrowed it down to the SSD as it has many bad blocks. Kingston approved of an RMA so I'm going to do that. How does Windows 10 activation work if I replaced the drive and have to either reinstall windows or port a backup on...