Windows 10: Replacing CMOS Battery has caused my WLAN Card to stop detecting my home wifi network

Discus and support Replacing CMOS Battery has caused my WLAN Card to stop detecting my home wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's in the title. I replaced the CMOS battery in my custom built computer and now my WLAN card is not detecting my home wifi network. I've attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by truejimbob, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Replacing CMOS Battery has caused my WLAN Card to stop detecting my home wifi network

It's in the title. I replaced the CMOS battery in my custom built computer and now my WLAN card is not detecting my home wifi network. I've attempted restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for the WLAN card, and whatnot. Nothing has worked so far and it is irritating since I need this connection since I'll be starting online courses soon. Also an ethernet cable is out of the question since my computer is too far from the router and is also in a separate room anyhow. I just need this issue to be fixed.

:)

truejimbob, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

This means the CMOS battery has failed - you need to purchase a new CMOS battery. As suggested by another expert you should upgrade your BIOS and then do the CMOS battery replacement and this should stop it.

Rick2021, Jul 31, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10

In that case you are suggested to follow post #6.

4. Replacing CMOS Battery has caused my WLAN Card to stop detecting my home wifi network

Lost activation after cmos battery replaced

Thank you for your reply. Microsoft support is not working for everyone. I'm glad you didn't have to reinstall. The cmos battery in my desktop computer is getting pretty old. It has hung in for 8 to 9 years. I should become proactive and replace it
    before it stops running.

Brenda

Brenda Woollard, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Replacing CMOS Battery has caused my WLAN Card to stop detecting my home wifi network

1. Replacing CMOS Battery has caused my WLAN Card to stop detecting my home wifi network - Similar Threads - Replacing CMOS Battery

2. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  3. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  4. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  5. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My Wifi/WLAN card has gone insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Wifi/WLAN card has gone insane: Hi everyone, So I have this windows 10 Acer Aspire laptop since 2017 and a few months ago the Wifi... stopped existing on it. Just gone. One day I had it, the next I couldn't connect to anything anymore. My reaction was to go on Google, type in "Windows 10 wifi not...
  7. Home wifi network not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home wifi network not detected: I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network. - My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad. - My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine....
  8. Toshiba Satelite L40 CMOS Battery replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satelite L40 CMOS Battery replacement: Where to find CMOS Battery slot in Toshiba Satelite L40. Do I need to open the entire board to replace it? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satelite-l40-cmos-battery-replacement/83977c96-606d-4c93-ad24-7352b083cb8e
  9. Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10: I just replaced my CMOS battery. The system rebooted and all my Windows 10 files are gone, it's created a new drive N: but I couldn't restore from Command line and I have a semi useless Windows 8 in place. Help? 46917
  10. Just replaced CMOS battery and...

in Windows 10 Support
    Just replaced CMOS battery and...: ....according to clock on task bar the time is wrong. I know this has probably been covered before, but late in my life I find it difficult at times to find the correct old thread with the answer. Please direct and help me. 67352