Windows 10: REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE

Discus and support REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My original 7 year old wireless HID mouse is annoyingly misbehaving although it still works so I have just bought a replacement wireless HID one by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CHRISTOPHERBRETT1, Jan 2, 2019.

1. REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE

My original 7 year old wireless HID mouse is annoyingly misbehaving although it still works so I have just bought a replacement wireless HID one by the same manufacturer but different model number. The mouse and keyboard are linked to my Windows system pc.

I am using my old mouse to ask this question!

The new mouse won't action my wireless keyboard (by the same manufacturer) so I can't login to my pc using it! However, the new mouse's pointer works in most instances if I swap over to it whilst I have the computer on. I know both the pc and keyboard are functioning correctly and the little I have managed with the new mouse suggests that is also working properly.

How do I get my new mouse to function properly?

:)

CHRISTOPHERBRETT1, Jan 2, 2019

2. mouse replacement time

Hello forum. I need to replace my mouse. I was hoping that the forum would have some suggestions for a new mouse. I would like a dual purpose mouse--one that would work for games and just regular stuff. And not break the bank either. I know. It's all too much to ask. Thanks a much.

arm and hand, Jan 2, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Jan 2, 2019
  4. REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

Aaaand the ironic thing there is, that no doubt WOULD void the warranty.

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion but I plan to wait for their response. They said they can't authorize a replacement unless all the troubleshooting steps they emailed me don't work, which they didn't.

I've also contacted Newegg, and they said they'll do anything they can to help get me a manufacturer replacement in the case of the mouse not working with any of Logi's troubleshooting steps and if Logi refuses to replace it.

I had an MX500 that easily outlasted this one with lots of use. Seems to me the more complex the mouse, the more failure prone they are.

Frag Maniac, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE

1. REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE - Similar Threads - REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE

2. USB mouse receiver stolen - can I get a new one for existing Microsoft 1850 mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mouse receiver stolen - can I get a new one for existing Microsoft 1850 mouse?: Hi there - I recently had my laptop stolen out of my bag in London. Unfortunately it had my USB receiver for my Microsoft 1850 3 Button Wireless Mobile mouse plugged in. This means I am currently unable to use my mouse. I don't want to throw it away as it is a waste and not...
  3. How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing: When I use windows 11 file explorer for renaming file to some file name, which exists in current folder, system offers to rename to some other name adding number... In previous versions it was possible to choose replace existing file and finish task in one action. How can I...
  4. How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing

How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing: When I use windows 11 file explorer for renaming file to some file name, which exists in current folder, system offers to rename to some other name adding number... In previous versions it was possible to choose replace existing file and finish task in one action. How can I...
  5. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  6. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  7. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Replace broken laptop with new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace broken laptop with new one: My Surface Pro 4 out of warranty took a header on concrete and is rapidly failing. I have a new Surface Book 3 arriving today. All I am looking for are instructions on the best way to replicate my current, up-to-date Windows 10 environment data, apps, etc. onto the new box....
  9. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  10. Replace wireless mouse in keyboard / mouse set with a new one - possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace wireless mouse in keyboard / mouse set with a new one - possible?: I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 and Wireless Mouse 2000 that came as a set. They share a single USB receiver dongle. The mouse is now broken (the rubber grip on the scroll wheel has disintegrated, resulting in bits of rubber in the mouse itself, and unusable for...