Windows 10: Replacing HD with SSD - Not Recognized

Discus and support Replacing HD with SSD - Not Recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to replace my 1TB HD with a similar size SanDisk SSD. I plan to use Apricorn Ez Gig IV to clone the HD to the SSD. I cannot get the SSD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djcascio, May 20, 2018.

1. djcascio Win User

Replacing HD with SSD - Not Recognized

I'm trying to replace my 1TB HD with a similar size SanDisk SSD. I plan to use Apricorn Ez Gig IV to clone the HD to the SSD. I cannot get the SSD to show as a valid drive on File Explorer and the software shows the drive but says it cannot find it. I can see the new drive in Disk Management but cannot use it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'll add that when connected by USB/SATA Cable no bubble messages appear regarding the SSD Drive.

:)

djcascio, May 20, 2018

2. BSOD's on Win10 after replacing HD with SSD

Happy New Year and thanks for helping me !

I started with suggestion #2, ran the thing for a few hours (don't know how long it takes to complete), but got 10.000+ memory errors scattered throughout the whole 16G :-( This must have been since I replaceded my HD for a SSD, do you know how this can
    be related ? I should replace the 2 memory board I guess ?

Haven't done any overclocking by the way.

BlueScreener1973, May 20, 2018
  3. Does Windows 10 automatically recognise that a SSD has replaced a HDD?

I have recently replaced the HDD in my Windows 10 laptop with a SSD. As I understand it, Windows periodically runs a defragmentation in the background on a HDD. However, SSD drives do not require defragmenting and running such a tool can shorten the life
    of a SSD.

The SSD was a clone of the HDD and not a new installation. Will Windows 10 recognize that the laptop now has a SSD and stop its background defragmentation or do I need to take specific steps to prevent this activity occurring on the SSD? If I need to take
    action please advise on the steps I should take.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Grangeland, May 20, 2018
  4. djcascio Win User

I'm trying to replace my 1TB HD with a similar size SanDisk SSD. I plan to use Apricorn Ez Gig IV to clone the HD to the SSD. I cannot get the SSD to show as a valid drive on File Explorer and the software shows the drive but says it cannot find it. I can see the new drive in Disk Management but cannot use it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'll add that when connected by USB/SATA Cable no bubble messages appear regarding the SSD Drive.

:)

djcascio, May 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Replacing HD with SSD - Not Recognized - Similar Threads - Replacing SSD Recognized

2. Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory: I am planning to upgrade my HP Envy x360 laptop by installing an SSD and 16 GB RAM. I already made a WindowsImage Backup and installed it in portable drive to recover the Windows 10 OS, programs and files from the hard drive to be replaced. What are the steps I need to follow...
  3. Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory: I am planning to upgrade my HP Envy x360 laptop by installing an SSD and 16 GB RAM. I already made a WindowsImage Backup and installed it in portable drive to recover the Windows 10 OS, programs and files from the hard drive to be replaced. What are the steps I need to follow...
  4. Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Replace hd and win10

Replace hd and win10: Acer 7551-7422 hard drive totally dead. They have never backed up the computer. The computer did upgrade quite a while back from Windows 7 home premium to Windows 10. I am installing a new ssd. I was told I needed to reinstall Win7 then do an upgrade but for some reason that...
  6. Replacing the HD

Replacing the HD: I'd like to replace my hard disk with an SSD in order to improve performance. How can I do that and preserve my Windows, Office and other licences, as well as the installed apps, etc.? Thanks Marco...
  7. Replacing notebook HD with SSD (use HD for internal storage)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing notebook HD with SSD (use HD for internal storage): A mobile workstation came with 750 GB HD and 32 GB flash cache. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...tation/5387509 There are two HD bays. One has the HD in a chassis and the other is empty (no chassis). The 32 GB SSD is flash cache. It cannot be used for storage. The...
  8. WANT TO REPLACE LAPTOP HD WITH A BRAND NEW CLEAN SSD

WANT TO REPLACE LAPTOP HD WITH A BRAND NEW CLEAN SSD: I have a Dell Inspiron 15-5000 series which has a hard drive that I am sure has some conflict issues with the OS. A recent major update did not fix it. My data is sacrosanct and don't want to lose it. Therefore I will copy that over to a safe storage. Apps can be reinstalled,...
  9. MUVI HD not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MUVI HD not recognized: Hi All-- Since the last two Windows 10 updates, my MUVI HD camcorders are not recognized. I've tried switching cables--didn't make a difference. I've contacted Veho and they have nothing to suggest beyond what I've already tried. Flash drives are still recognized. I...
  10. Replacing old HD with SSD - product key question

Replacing old HD with SSD - product key question: The hard drive in my laptop is dying. I am upgrading to an SSD this weekend. I have a couple of hopefully quick questions. My laptop originally came with Windows 8.1. As soon as I was able to I did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I really do not want to purchase a copy of...