Windows 10: Replacing HDD with a SDD

Discus and support Replacing HDD with a SDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Inspiron 5477 AIO and want to replace its HDD with as large a SDD I can afford. The problem is I don't know how to hook up the SDD to affect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Mar 25, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Replacing HDD with a SDD

I have an Inspiron 5477 AIO and want to replace its HDD with as large a SDD I can afford. The problem is I don't know how to hook up the SDD to affect the migration. Is there an additional SATA connection available to which I can connect the SDD? Then manual makes no mention of such a thing.
    I hope someone here is familiar with the machine to guide me.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Mar 25, 2019

2. SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Mar 25, 2019
  3. HDD to SDD OS transfer

I am trying to clone (or even image) my 1TB-HDD to a Kingston 120GB-SDD. Space is not issue as I'm only using 70GB on the HDD. My problem is sector size. My HDD sectors are 512 (not 512e) and the SDD sectors are 4096. I'm also unable to use my system image/backup
    because it is on a HDD with the same sector size (512). I've tried a number of cloning programs, including Macrium Reflect, with no success. Is there a way around this?

CharlesReeps, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Replacing HDD with a SDD

Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Original title: making my hdd instead of sdd for files

i just bought a asus windows 10 752 with a gtx 960m and it came with a sdd 128gb sdd and 1tb hdd

i would like to make the hdd to default drive to install software, updates and files like pdf and word files, how a make a default place so they always go to my hdd

KieferAbram, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Replacing HDD with a SDD

1. Replacing HDD with a SDD - Similar Threads - Replacing HDD SDD

2. Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...: I entered the bios but it's different from the other bios which i saw on yt videos.It's like:InsydeH20 Setup Utility, but like this:And I basically can't try any of the different solutions i've found online...Please help me...
  3. Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...: I entered the bios but it's different from the other bios which i saw on yt videos.It's like:InsydeH20 Setup Utility, but like this:And I basically can't try any of the different solutions i've found online...Please help me...
  4. Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage: is it necessary to buy a new windows 10 product key when I upgrade my HDD storage into SDD storage or my original windows 10 product key was included too when I do cloning?...
  6. Hdd to SDD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hdd to SDD upgrade: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/minibeto666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgesqd/hdd_to_sdd_upgrade/
  7. HDD crashed and replaced with a SDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD crashed and replaced with a SDD: replaced the HDD in my laptop after it crashed and I could not get it to recover. Now it will only go to the hardware diagnostics and will not load from usb or do anything eles. How do I get my laptop to load windows 10 from the usb and I have a probuct key?...
  8. Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade: Dear Forum, Please find below my query. Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks in advance. Context: C1 I have a laptop ref: laptop A with a pre-installed version of Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit. C2 I seemingly have the product key for the Win 7 licence - it is...
  9. Replacing HDD with a SDD

Replacing HDD with a SDD: I have an Inspiron 5477 AIO and want to replace its HDD with as large a SDD I can afford. The problem is I don't know how to hook up the SDD to affect the migration. Is there an additional SATA connection available to which I can connect the SDD? Then manual makes no mention...
  10. HDD to SDD ?

HDD to SDD ?: I just finished installing my SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to move the partitions from my HDD to the SSD. Everything is working OK so far. [img] In Disk management Disk 0 has a 17.76GB partition. It's the OEM restore partition. As you can see it's not assigned a drive...