Windows 10: Replacing Legacy Hard Drive for a NEW SSD on New ASUS VivoBook

Discus and support Replacing Legacy Hard Drive for a NEW SSD on New ASUS VivoBook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My idea is to clone the legacy drive onto the new SSD as I don't have a copy of Windows, since it was already installed, and I upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by windoc, Oct 24, 2019.

1. windoc Win User

Replacing Legacy Hard Drive for a NEW SSD on New ASUS VivoBook

My idea is to clone the legacy drive onto the new SSD as I don't have a copy of Windows, since it was already installed, and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro directly through the app store. Here are my concerns. I know there is a tutorial on here on this topic, however I could not find it.

1. Bitlocker is turned on. The entire drive is encrypted, will that have an impact on cloning, or do I need to decrypt the drive first?

2. The current drive is 1 TB, the NEW SSD is 480gb (only 85gb is in use currently). <- is this doable? Will I be O.K with the below instructions, or do I need to follow a different procedure?

MiniTool Programs Help to Clone Hard Drive to Smaller SSD

:)

windoc, Oct 24, 2019
  2. spivey70 Win User

Replacing a hard drive on a new computer

My computer just died and i found a new replacement with a 1TB hard drive at a great price but I need more space and don't want to use an external drive. Is it possible to replace the hard drive with a new one with more space right out of the box without
    having to buy a new copy of windows?

spivey70, Oct 24, 2019
  3. install Windows 10 on new ssd Hard Drive

Hi,

i have Dell laptop - inspiron 15 series 3000.

i bought it with original Windows 10 install at it's SATA Hard Drive.

now , the Windows 10 load very very slowly ~5 minutes and i thought to buy SSD hard drive.

when i bought the Laptop windows was load ~2 minutes.

i have few questions :

1. is it possible to load WIN10 faster at the current SATA Hard Drive.

2.if i choose to replace the SATA Hard Drive at new SSD Hard Drive,how can i perform the WIN10 installation ?

OdedHafuta, Oct 24, 2019
  4. DanAz_66 Win User

new SSD

we all know or we should know that the solid state drive

overtime it become slow and we need to replace it

and according to Crucial by Micron there is not an effective way to reset or format a SSD

so I'm close to the point where I need to buy a new SSD

my question is;

how migrate windows to a new hard drive without re-installing?

DanAz_66, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Replacing Legacy Hard Drive for a NEW SSD on New ASUS VivoBook - Similar Threads - Replacing Legacy Hard

2. Zoom on new Asus VivoBook music and microphone issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom on new Asus VivoBook music and microphone issues: I have purchased two Asus VivoBook computers this year and now use Zoom for work, only voice audio can be heard. When music is played it cannot be heard. When I unmute and make a comment the ones that are listening say it sounds like whirring in the background like a very...
  3. Zoom on new Asus VivoBook music and microphone issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoom on new Asus VivoBook music and microphone issues: I have purchased two Asus VivoBook computers this year and now use Zoom for work, only voice audio can be heard. When music is played it cannot be heard. When I unmute and make a comment the ones that are listening say it sounds like whirring in the background like a very...
  4. Replacing New Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing New Hard Disk: Hello,If I restore a backup image of the system (which contains windows 10 and office) to a brand new disk (same computer), do I have to re-license /re-validate the windows and office ?Answers will be appreciated.ThanksWidows 10, 20H2 x64, 19042.1165 183706
  5. Replacing a new hard drive on a slow laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replacing a new hard drive on a slow laptop?: Hello! I have my old laptop Lenovo Y50 non touch since 2015. In the last few years it has really become very slow, especially at the start. At startup it also likes to switch from the lock screen to the password prompt until you can finally write something in. It's...
  6. Getting new hard drive replaced.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting new hard drive replaced.: Something bad happened to my laptop, and I took it to a local engineer, he told me that hard drive needs to be replaced with a new one. My laptop had windows 8 pre installed when I bought it, and I had upgraded it to windows 10 using the official way, thus it had activated...
  7. Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD: I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an...
  8. new ssd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new ssd drive: bought ssd drive for dell 3521, need tips on transferring windows and operating system to new drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-drive/753d7a65-1691-4a40-89ed-e8911b00f93c
  9. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...
  10. replace hard drive with SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    replace hard drive with SSD: I have a laptop with a 1 TB hard drive. I am only using about 300 GB. Can I replace my 1 TB hard drive with a 500 GB SSD? 95323