Windows 10: Replacing Linux with Windows 10

Discus and support Replacing Linux with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe an obscure or stupid question, but I had been running Ubuntu on my NVMe SSD since I bought it, and recently wiped it to install Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adalwolf311, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Replacing Linux with Windows 10

Maybe an obscure or stupid question, but I had been running Ubuntu on my NVMe SSD since I bought it, and recently wiped it to install Windows 10. Everything is working perfectly, but I wanted to know if anything from Linux could have been left on my SSD or in BIOS? (grub files, etc).

submitted by /u/Adalwolf311
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Adalwolf311, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Replacing Linux with Windows 10

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Replacing Linux with Windows 10

1. Replacing Linux with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Replacing Linux

2. How to install Windows 11 which I replaced with Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 11 which I replaced with Linux: I have a brand new HP laptop Probook 455 G9, which had Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I wanted to try out Linux, but during the process I acidentally replaced Windows 11 completely. Is there anyway to go back?...
  3. How to install Windows 11 which I replaced with Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 11 which I replaced with Linux: I have a brand new HP laptop Probook 455 G9, which had Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I wanted to try out Linux, but during the process I acidentally replaced Windows 11 completely. Is there anyway to go back?...
  4. Replace Linux with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Linux with Windows 10: I inherited a Lenovo laptop with Linux EndevourOS on it. I think it had Windows on it previously, but don't have a Windows 10 disk for it. How can I get Windows 10 on it?. It's the OS I prefer. Is Windows 10 free at this point? I'm on a budget and am looking for a good deal....
  5. Replace Linux with Windows 10

Replace Linux with Windows 10: I inherited a Lenovo laptop with Linux EndevourOS on it. I think it had Windows on it previously, but don't have a Windows 10 disk for it. How can I get Windows 10 on it?. It's the OS I prefer. Is Windows 10 free at this point? I'm on a budget and am looking for a good deal....
  6. Replace Linux with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do i delete linux of my laptop and replace it with windows 11?

How do i delete linux of my laptop and replace it with windows 11?: I installed Linux mint onto my computer but I want to switch back to windows. Can anyone explain in simple terms, I'm not very tech-savvy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-linux-of-my-laptop-and-replace-it/df27ed82-d4b6-45c0-96f5-80c7f3935785
  8. How do i delete linux of my laptop and replace it with windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete linux of my laptop and replace it with windows 11?: I installed Linux mint onto my computer but I want to switch back to windows. Can anyone explain in simple terms, I'm not very tech-savvy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-linux-of-my-laptop-and-replace-it/df27ed82-d4b6-45c0-96f5-80c7f3935785
  9. Replacing n windows with Linux

Replacing n windows with Linux: I had enough of windows 11 every f updates just get the file explorer slower. Microsoft doesn't even know what they are doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-n-windows-with-linux/ba8ad27b-6cb8-49c8-b65b-618e9849bc49
  10. Replacing n windows with Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing n windows with Linux: I had enough of windows 11 every f updates just get the file explorer slower. Microsoft doesn't even know what they are doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-n-windows-with-linux/ba8ad27b-6cb8-49c8-b65b-618e9849bc49