Windows 10: Replacing lost physical Windows key

Discus and support Replacing lost physical Windows key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently moved to Japan. I had my PC shipped to Japan with UPS. It was stolen. I had a USB with the Windows installer on it from that PC. Sadly, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by William Trively, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Replacing lost physical Windows key

I recently moved to Japan. I had my PC shipped to Japan with UPS. It was stolen. I had a USB with the Windows installer on it from that PC. Sadly, the key doesn't stay with the installer I created. I built a new PC and used that USB to install Windows, but now it wants me to activate Windows with a key. I refuse to buy a new key. Is there a way to find a physical key on my Microsoft account from my previous machine? I mean, I linked my Microsoft account as my login for my previous PC. The device is still in my account despite being stolen so I figured I could email support and see if they coul

:)

William Trively, Jun 18, 2022
  2. technicks Win User

Lost xp key.

i lost my XP key. And i need it.
    Is there a way to find the XP key i am using now in Windows?

Thanks.

technicks, Jun 18, 2022
  3. mep916 Win User
    lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

I confirmed this, although it listed a different product key than the one given for my copy of XP. 0.o

mep916, Jun 18, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Replacing lost physical Windows key

Dual boots from a single physical drive

OK, @churin, the next step is to try to get that second EFI system partition to boot Windows 8 directly. In a command prompt with admin run:
    Code:
    Now, similar to my computer below:

Replacing lost physical Windows key [​IMG]

The last partition in your list should be a 99 or 100 MB system partition, but it will have a different partition number. You want to continue in the same command prompt window with:

Code:
    Now reboot your computer and see if you can get that EFI system partition (Windows Boot Manager) to boot directly into Windows 8. If you can, we move on to the next steps.

NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Replacing lost physical Windows key

1. Replacing lost physical Windows key - Similar Threads - Replacing lost physical

2. Physical security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical security key: Facebook forced me to use an alternative sign in method, so I chose the security key. I bought a security key and used it a few times to sign into Facebook, although it's very awkward. Now when I try to log into Facebook I get the request for a security key followed...
  3. Replacing lost physical Windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing lost physical Windows key: I recently moved to Japan. I had my PC shipped to Japan with UPS. It was stolen. I had a USB with the Windows installer on it from that PC. Sadly, the key doesn't stay with the installer I created. I built a new PC and used that USB to install Windows, but now it wants me to...
  4. Replacing lost physical Windows key

Replacing lost physical Windows key: I recently moved to Japan. I had my PC shipped to Japan with UPS. It was stolen. I had a USB with the Windows installer on it from that PC. Sadly, the key doesn't stay with the installer I created. I built a new PC and used that USB to install Windows, but now it wants me to...
  5. Windows key is stucknot physically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key is stucknot physically: I have this problem where the Windows key and "a" key is being held down, even if no keyboard is connected, for example, pressing ctrl+o opens the on-screen keyboard. I have tried to fix it using solutions online, but none seems to work. I reinstalled Windows from the cloud,...
  6. Windows key is stucknot physically

Windows key is stucknot physically: I have this problem where the Windows key and "a" key is being held down, even if no keyboard is connected, for example, pressing ctrl+o opens the on-screen keyboard. I have tried to fix it using solutions online, but none seems to work. I reinstalled Windows from the cloud,...
  7. Windows key is stucknot physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows Key Stuck but not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key Stuck but not physically: Hi there my windows key is stuck and when I try to play GTA 5 or any other games or when I press wasd it opens up Windows Whiteboard, Cortana etc and when in desktop pressing windows key minimizes windows. I have sticky keys and other ease of access for keyboard off. I...
  9. Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.: I have an Asus gaming laptop and recently it has been doing this thing where I cannot type. The keys are linked to the "Hot Keys" aka WIN + D = Desktop, WIN + S = search, etc. - I've uninstalled keyboard drivers - Restarted multiple times - All the little tricks people...
  10. Windows key is stuck not physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows key is stuck not physically: Everytime i use a windows + any key shortcut the windows key gets stuck and it even shows on the on screen keyboard. I have disabled sticky keys and other easy access keyboard options and uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers.It has only recently been happening in...